Notices

92 GSR mods

Old 12-23-2005, 10:07 AM
rascal

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 92 GSR mods

whats goin on? I have a 92 gsr (1.7L b17, 112,000 miles).

I came here to ask some questions about mods that I hope you all can help me with. I was originally thinkin about a turbo charger but I scrached that idea because of the amount of miles on the car. I just want your opinions on what you would do to the car first, performance wise, to make it run real nice without spending a rediculous amount of money. I was goin to get a cold air intake (aem prob) and maybe an exhaust to start out.

any info, thoughts, comments? please. and am i right, or would a turbo be too much for the engine to handle?
Old 12-23-2005, 10:34 AM
teg92
WHAT OK YEAH!

what would your budget be?
Old 12-23-2005, 11:10 AM
dohcvtec

Well 92 Integra Gsr Its A B17 And U Had 122,000 Well It Aint Dat Bad Man If Ur Engine Is In Good Maintaince.. Well Ill Probably Start Out Wit An Catback Exhaust Injen Cold Air Intake, Nology Wires, Ngk Iridium Plugs, Dc Headers And A Act Racing Clutch....it'll Make A Big Different And This Aint Too Much To Spend Bruh......cuz My Friend He Has A B17 Too In His 93 Gsr He Be Hittin Mid 14's In A Quarter Mile So Yeah Definally Try Is Mod
Old 12-23-2005, 11:36 AM
mr.crx

first what your going to want do is figure what you want to do. you wanted to turbo well you could rebuild your motor. all you have to do is save the money then put a turbo on there. or say you want to go N.A. well then you could start by putting a cat back and what not. you have to decide what you want to do first man. and about 122,000 miles well my crx has 237,000 miles man you can run that car forever if you just take care of it. so if you want to go N.A. the start with cams, cat back, intake, and headers thats where your most likely to figure out what you want from there.
Old 12-23-2005, 11:36 AM
mr.crx

:hi5: and by the way welcome to han
Old 12-23-2005, 11:57 AM
97civicEXVTEC

Originally Posted by dohcvtec
Well 92 Integra Gsr Its A B17 And U Had 122,000 Well It Aint Dat Bad Man If Ur Engine Is In Good Maintaince.. Well Ill Probably Start Out Wit An Catback Exhaust Injen Cold Air Intake, Nology Wires, Ngk Iridium Plugs, Dc Headers And A Act Racing Clutch....it'll Make A Big Different And This Aint Too Much To Spend Bruh......cuz My Friend He Has A B17 Too In His 93 Gsr He Be Hittin Mid 14's In A Quarter Mile So Yeah Definally Try Is Mod
didnt we pay attention in english class?

if your going to keep it na and simple id say I/H/C/E
Old 12-23-2005, 01:15 PM
tegbooster
Resident Ninja-photo'er

but he said he would like to go turbo he is just afraid of his car not being able to handle it...for the age of the car...i'd say that your miles are quite low, personally i dont think you'll be happy w/ the gains of NA.. forcefeed that bitch. it will take longer and cost less money (overall) (hp/na hp/fi) but you'll be very happy with the results. for now... just spend your money on a good full tune-up and make sure ur car is ready to be turbod... then start building and piecing it together
Old 12-24-2005, 09:53 AM
rascal

ok, so if I went turbo, how does this look? (the first revhard down the page, $2800)

http://www.turbo-kits.com/integra_turbo_kits.html

and if I were to buy that, would I have to upgrade anything else? or could I just order the turbo and bolt it on and be done with it?

thanks for the replys.
Old 12-24-2005, 09:57 AM
rascal

I'm also having trouble finding an intake that fits my car. all the intakes for GSRs are for 94+. can anyone give me a link for a cold air intake to fit my car? thanks.
Old 12-24-2005, 10:40 AM
kiddcarbuff

go on ebay and get one of those "JDM intakes" it does the same damn thing an injen does, slap a k and n filter on it and ur all set. both the injen and "jdm intake" are a piece of bent aluminum pipe w/ a filteron the end.....soo therefore both suck in air to the intake mani