Notices

Please Help My Integra Gsr Cel Is On

Old 12-23-2005, 05:50 AM
dohcvtec

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Please Help My Integra Gsr Cel Is On

Ok This Is How It Starts....i Bought The Car From A Asian Dealer And It Has 56,000 Miles On It And Its A Rebuilt Cuz Some Spoil Brat Put A Turbo And Blow The Head So Its Coo When I Test It Out It Run So Strong....so I Bought It I Took It Home And Drive It For A Few Days And The Check Engine Light Came On And So It Throw Some Code Its The Vtec Oil Pressure Switch And Bad Cat Converter So Then It Been Replace New Factory Stock Then Drive It For A While When Its Cold Runs Fine When It Gets Really Hot The Problem Starts And When I Shut Off The Car And Turn It Back On It Starts Funny It Feels Liike The Car Is Chokin On Something So I Tap On The Gas Then Its Fine Then I When N Get It Check Again Some Codes Again Its A Misfire On 2, 3, 4 Cylinder Ramdom Multiple Misfire Detected....so Yeah......please Help Oh Yeah Btw My Gsr Has A Ls Distributor And I Just Change The Spark Plugs Cuz The Others Was Really Black So Help
Old 12-23-2005, 06:07 AM
RossA81

Take it back. In MD there is a 30 day warranty by law when you buy retail from a dealer, they must cover 100% of cost of parts and labor for any repairs within 30 days.

Ross
Old 12-23-2005, 06:57 AM
tgansert
is all good

Maybe it's just me, but his location reads: HAYWARD, CA... which... quite honestly is the opposite of MD.
Old 12-23-2005, 08:18 AM
VPUPPY

First off, get a GSR distributor(part number TD-84U). That should fix the misfire codes.
Old 12-23-2005, 09:39 AM
dohcvtec

thanz v puppy imma change my distributor back to a gsr man....the distributor on the car rite now its a old distributor from an ls dat they spray painted..who ever do this hey can go to he**.....well imma triy this..but wat if it still the same yah think its my valve or injectors dats the problem in my head might be wrong too
Old 12-23-2005, 09:56 AM
dohcvtec

one thing my distributor has a part number td-84u on it...dats a gsr rite...when i try to tune it up myself and the gsr cap wont fit when i try on the ls cap it fit perfectly so its really an ls distributor.....they just put the part on the distributor so we think its a gsr not an ls
Old 12-23-2005, 10:40 AM
itrdc2

Originally Posted by dohcvtec
thanz v puppy imma change my distributor back to a gsr man....the distributor on the car rite now its a old distributor from an ls dat they spray painted..who ever do this hey can go to he**.....well imma triy this..but wat if it still the same yah think its my valve or injectors dats the problem in my head might be wrong too
yeah it might possibly be a valvetrain problem try adjusting valves when the car is warm .006"-.007" i think the clearance is. well after you do all the basic tune up, if itd still acting up. i had a similar problem.
Old 12-23-2005, 01:32 PM
dohcvtec

imma post up some more info for wat u guys think wat is wrong wit my car...cuz rite now my car at the shop getting check wats wrong wit it
Old 12-23-2005, 02:49 PM
wicked_geezer

dannnng...sounds like a problem car...how much did u get it for...and what year? i got my gsr from an asian dealer, the 1st weeks my started went out i took it back and the basterd didnt want to fix it, and 2 months later the clutch that was my fault....but when i bought it he said i had 1 month or 1 thousand miles...which ever came 1st, but the idot didnt even cover the starter...but thats the last i buy from an asian dealer no offense to any one.
Old 12-23-2005, 06:10 PM
VPUPPY

What year is the car? Assuming a turbo was on the car, if the motor blew, they would most likely have replaced the whole engine. Do you know anything about he motor(what year it came from)? TD-84U shows as a GSR distributor...I don't see why a LS cap fits. If the car had no cel in the first place, that means the correct distributor is on the car but may have failed. If wrong distributor was on there it would have had a check engine light since day one.