Notices

Gears Grinding Like Hell

Old 12-21-2005, 10:16 AM
boznuttz
b 16 integra

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Gears Grinding Like Hell

first off i noticed that when releasign the clutch pedal, the pedal feels liek it lags as it returns to normal. im sure i can fix that with a new master cylinder. also, im wonderign whats up with my transmission. just randomly driving, my car will coem out of gear on its own free will. when i try to ctach gear again, i just get major grindage, mostly in 3rd. when i launch on straight aways, the clutch does not grab right away, shiftign from first to second is very stiff, and shifting from second to third just grinds. gears wont even lock, i have to leave it in neutral until i can safely wait for recovery. i belive that it could be the master cylinder not delivering enough pressure where needed. but im wondering what else ill need to worry about. im POSOTIVE that all of this grinding has DESTROYED my gearbox and synchros. i can prob replace the clutch, trans fluid, and master cylinder, but i dotn really wanna bother with the gearbox. can anyone help me here?!?
Old 12-21-2005, 12:02 PM
Brar
|:]

ur clutch is slipping, replace ASAP b4 it goes all the way. and launching all the time is a good way to ruin ur clutch faster h:

and it may seem like ur gears are completely gone but they rnt. when my throwout bearing was seazing my gears would grind like crazy. got a new clutch, new bearing and tranny is perfectly fine. (has 208,xxx miles on it). so just get a new clutch kit and ul b good to go. once u get the new clutch, then gauge the condition of ur tranny.
Old 12-21-2005, 03:35 PM
Kartracer

As Damnit says, go with the clutch. Mine had shifting problems as well and it turned out to be the clutch. A piece broke off the pressure plate. Here is a link to my earlier post about the problem and pics.

https://www.honda-acura.net/forums/s...34&postcount=7