Notices

Best headers?

Old 12-21-2005, 09:50 AM
wicked_geezer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best headers?

Which headers would be the best...im gonna go all motor...i wanna buy the headers 1st...then the catback...but i see different kinds of headers most popular of course DC, but thats not really what im looking for i heard they only add top end power. my next step after headers are cams...i need ur guys help on which headers give most power...$ isnt a problem, well not in this case

Apex-i GT-Series 4-2-1 C.A.R.B legal?
Greddy 4-2-1
Comptech 4-2-1
Edelbrock Pro Flo 1-Piece Headers 4-2-1
Old 12-21-2005, 10:29 AM
rugsr
How do my taillights look

toda 4 life
Old 12-21-2005, 11:10 AM
mr.crx

if i were you i would go with either comtech or greddy
Old 12-21-2005, 01:25 PM
b18allday

i heard that edelbrock pro fab is a pretty good header for the price
Old 12-21-2005, 02:12 PM
TheRooster
Former Senior Member

Originally Posted by wicked_geezer
Which headers would be the best...im gonna go all motor...i wanna buy the headers 1st...then the catback...but i see different kinds of headers most popular of course DC, but thats not really what im looking for i heard they only add top end power. my next step after headers are cams...i need ur guys help on which headers give most power...$ isnt a problem, well not in this case

Apex-i GT-Series 4-2-1 C.A.R.B legal?
Greddy 4-2-1
Comptech 4-2-1
Edelbrock Pro Flo 1-Piece Headers 4-2-1
If money isn't an issue, then go for a JDM-ITR style header. Type-1 Racing makes one, Comptech makes one, Hytech, I ran an OEM version... You would also need a JDM-ITR style exhaust as it changes the location of the catalytic converter, and a 2 1/2" donut gasket from an S2000. You're only talking about 3-5 Hp with any of the headers, but if you're serious about an All-motor build the long runners of the JDM-ITR style will keeping giving you horsepower as you upgrade other things.
Old 12-21-2005, 02:50 PM
Brar
|:]

because ur in cali, smog is an issue. do u have a hook up? cuz otherwise ur gonna have to go with a carb legal header, like DC
Old 12-21-2005, 03:25 PM
TheOtherDave™
Apathy Kills

http://www.arb.ca.gov/msprog/aftermk...es/amquery.php

Use that link to confirm CARB Exemption Order #s for your car. Headers, Intakes, Camshafts... all of them are listed by part category or by manufacturer.

Comptech, GReddy, DC are all decent choices for a mild nat-asp build where smog legality is of paramount concern.

:: HAN Integra FAQ: If, by some miracle, yours hasn't been stolen... check it out!
Old 12-21-2005, 06:12 PM
wicked_geezer

well out of greddy and comptech which would be the best?...last year my cousin got me a illegal smog when i had my celica but the guy got caught and ended up in jail...and here in modesto we have cops that pull u over just to check under ur hood and all of them know whats legal and whats not...im tryin to stay leggit
Old 12-21-2005, 08:59 PM
jdm-power

i just ordered the greddy header for my 95 GSR
hope they turn out goood....havent got them otherwise i would tell u the difference iv noticed...
Old 12-21-2005, 09:39 PM
sherwood
I missed Sean

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

if you are serious about making power none of those will really help you

i'd worry about building the rotating assembly up before getting a header. i'd most likely throw in some high comp. pistons using some heavy duty bolts, pretty sture stock rods will hold but might want to think about upgrading that, balance it all on a stock crankshaft, use the GSR head with a nice port job, and then get a header/intake/exhaust to match the airflow needs of that compression along with high revolutions (like 10krpm)

not to mention other parts usch as an engine managment system and new fluid delivery systems (fuel/oil/coolant)

if you are looking for I/H/E the money is better spent at driving school learning how to drive correctly. it will shave down the times in any car you drive.

IBanoobsaysit'saheadernotheaders,idiot.