Notices

console lights on 94 accord

Old 12-15-2005, 12:22 PM
Shallow_Bay
teh accord guy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default console lights on 94 accord

this isnt that big of a deal, but its getting annoying, and i couldnt find anything under the search. i have a 94 ex and the lights on the shifter (P,R,N,D4...) are out, as well as the ashtray and the ring around the ciggarete lighter. the shifter lights go on maybe once or twice a week, and i've only ever seen the other two work one or two times since i got the car. any ideas what it might be or how to rip the lower console apart to fix it? thanks.
Old 12-15-2005, 04:55 PM
DaNnYsEvEn
ThInK PiNk!

i would check all the connections, since the lights come on once in a while i dont think its a fuse, but still check. did you install a radio in your car? did you have someone remove the console? or did something to the car that involved removing that whole middle console?
Old 12-16-2005, 07:16 AM
Shallow_Bay
teh accord guy

yes there was a stereo installed about 3 years ago, way before i even had the car. i bought it off a relative, asked her and she said it started doing it after it was put in, so i'll check the connections. thanks
Old 12-16-2005, 06:48 PM
DaNnYsEvEn
ThInK PiNk!

its very easy to forget plugging some wires back in, seeing as you have to take apart the dash to get to the dam stereo. my lights dont work anymore either, i think i forgot to plug up some stuff as well. they made the 5th gens so fawking hard to work on its ridiculous.
Old 12-16-2005, 07:31 PM
Bl@ck
Sinner

Originally Posted by DaNnYsEvEn
its very easy to forget plugging some wires back in, seeing as you have to take apart the dash to get to the dam stereo. my lights dont work anymore either, i think i forgot to plug up some stuff as well. they made the 5th gens so fawking hard to work on its ridiculous.
are you serious? the 5th gen stereo install is the easiest stereo install i've ever done aside from a 5th gen civic and i've done the gambit of stereo installs.

the best advice for this problem is to pull the center console and check connections. it sounds like whoever did the stereo install didn't insulate very well. they probably snipped the factory wiring harness as well.