Notices
Do It Yourself This is where you will find step by step instructions so you can Do it Yourself!

94 Acura Legend factory car alarm WONT SHUT OFF! HELP!!!!

Old 12-13-2005, 11:13 AM
highheat_nym

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 94 Acura Legend factory car alarm WONT SHUT OFF! HELP!!!!

I have a major problem here. I can not start the engine on my 1994 Acura Legend 4 door. The problem is the factory installed car alarm is going off and normally i would just turn my key in the driver side door to disarm it and all is good...but there is a problem with both(driver & passenger) side door keyholes...when i put my key in and attempt to turn it wont turn at all...moves about 10% and then it feels like my key is going to break off if i turn it any further...its like both keyholes are jammed. I can not start the car with the alarm going off. I have disabled the battery to stop the alarm and I looked for some kind of valet alarm switch near the hood release but i could not find it. Does anyone here know a way i can disable the alarm so i can drive the car home? Is there a way to do it with the fuses or a valet switch? I was told this info from a mechanic online: "If your desire is to simply disable the factory alarm, that can be done by simply taking a jumper wire and jumping the 2 terminals on the hood switch. By doing this, it will prevent the security system from setting." I dont know what this means exactly. I appreciate any and all help in this matter. My email is extremedawg@hotmail.com Thank you!!!