Notices

suspension upgrade for 99 coupe v6

Old 12-13-2005, 09:20 AM
deity0723

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default suspension upgrade for 99 coupe v6

I have a 99 Accord coupe v6, stock. I was considering upgrading the suspension but dont know what to get. I dont have alot of money because I work a minimum wage job and go to High School. I was wondering if anyone knows what kind of springs, shocks, or coilovers, and swaybars i should but on my car. Whats the most i can drop my car by just changing the springs without blowing my shocks? I hear that the TL-S sway bar will fit 4dr accords but im not sure if itll fit coupes. If anyone has any info they can share i would appreciate it.

BTW: I want maximum handling for minimum $$$.
Old 12-13-2005, 09:29 AM
badtameezboy

search search search search search search search search search search search search search search search search search search search search search search search search search search search search search search search search search search search search search search search search search search search search search search search search search search search search search searchsearch search search search search search search search search search search search search search search search search search search search search search search search

Please
Old 12-13-2005, 11:19 AM
jschmid

It's best to upgrade the shocks at the same time. You could get away with a 1-1.5" drop on stock shocks, but it's unpredictable how long they'll last. Esp considering the car (and likely the shocks) is 6-7 years old.

Go with springs like Eibach, H&R. Shocks like Koni, Bilstein, Tokico. Or a coilover system like Tein Basics is a decent package for the money.

If you go beyond 1.5" or so you'll likely need a rear camber kit, beyond 2.0, probably need one for the front as well.

Yes, the TL-S/CL-S sway bar will fit sedans and coupes.

Good luck...and DIY to save money.
Old 12-13-2005, 01:06 PM
elton_hsu

i'm running Eibach Pro-System Plus Kit on my 99 accord v6 sedan. the kit comes with eibach pro-damper shocks, Pro-kit springs and sway bars on front and rear.
you can check it out on tirerack.com, which is where i got the kit from.
http://www.tirerack.com/suspension/s...680&perfCode=S
the picture only shows 1 sway bar, but it actually comes with 2 (front and rear).

from my point of view, they're pretty good. the car is more responsive, stiffer, and comfortable while cruizing on the highway.
the drop is 1.5" front and rear.

i think the TL-S sway bars are a bit thinner than the eibach sway bars that come with the kit. i've never tried the TL-S sways, but from the spec point of view, i guess eibach sways give out more while cornering. i got the kit for about $800 include shipping. if you're looking for sporty feeling for a lower price, i suggest you can go with the kit.

p.s. i strongly recommand you to get camber correction kit at the same time with any lowering suspension kit if you decided to get one. just to save you some time and money on the installation and alignment.

i've attached some pix of my accord after lowering.

i hope this helps.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
IMG_2998.JPG (116.6 KB, 14 views)
IMG_2996.JPG (149.0 KB, 16 views)
IMG_2999.JPG (123.1 KB, 18 views)