Notices
Do It Yourself This is where you will find step by step instructions so you can Do it Yourself!

Clutch Problems

Old 11-14-2005, 06:24 AM
jay169

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Clutch Problems

Im having a problem with the clutch of my 98 Civic HX. The pedal goes to the floor, but does not spring back. A friend of mine suggested that either the master or slave cylinders have gone bad. I have identified a leak of clutch fluid at the front of what i think is the slave cylinder, where the metal and "slinky rubber boot" join. Could this be the cause of the problem, what parts should I buy, and how easy is the fix? I really know very little about repairs, and have never changed a master or slave cylinder. Any help/advice/suggestions would really be appreciated.
Old 11-14-2005, 09:38 AM
JimBlake

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Replacing the slave cylinder is pretty easy. But then you'll have to bleed your clutch, so search around here for instructions. I've written several times how to do that.
Old 12-08-2005, 11:36 AM
jhimed

Sound like the slave cylinder, which only runs you about $12.00 dollars at Oreily's auto parts, or any parts store for that matter.
I had the same problem and thought it was the master clutch cylinder and bought one for $70.00, but figured out it was not the problem but rather the salve cylinder, which I just now bought during lunch.

I have a leak at the slave cylinder, and it does not look that hard to replace either. Here is a link to the break down of the system.
http://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com/...ASTER+CYLINDER
Old 12-08-2005, 05:18 PM
del sol

resurface the flywheel with peanut butter and then make a collect call