Notices

Need help finding part # (Steering Wheel)

Old 12-03-2005, 08:32 AM
webie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help finding part # (Steering Wheel)

I need help finding the part number of my 2000 Accord EX (Leather) Steering Wheel. I know there are at least two (2) steering wheels models. One is the cheap “Vinyl”, and the other is in leather. Also there is a leather cover and a half-leather / half-wood trim full wheel accessory. I need to know the specific part number of my original steering wheel since I don’t want to buy anything but the leather one. I have search on the Internet on very specific online Honda parts and dealers on my area, but they don’t have the part on stock or will not refund me if they order the wrong part. To confuse me more I went today to a local Honda “Parts” shop and they told me that all steering wheels are equal for every 00 Accord (4cyl) model except for the V-6 model. They told me that the leather one should be the V-6 part, but my car is 4cyl. Also the pricing seams to fluctuate between $89 and $185 on what’s it seams to be the leather one, and $285 for the V-6 model.

I’m very confused… Any help….

Attached is a photo of my steering wheel.

Old 12-03-2005, 08:44 AM
shonnv
7th Gen Coupe V6

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

www.hondaautomotiveparts.com is a good place to find parts and they have good prices as well
Old 12-03-2005, 08:51 AM
webie

Originally Posted by shonnv
www.hondaautomotiveparts.com is a good place to find parts and they have good prices as well
I already checked, but they don't have the part in stock, so they can't confirm the one I will order is the leather one Also they won't refund if the part is not what I want. The part number on their site is their internal numbering system, it's not the part number used by honda.
Old 12-03-2005, 09:13 AM
jschmid

Try to get a TL-S/CL-S wheel. New from the dealer or an online store...both the Accord and TL/CL wheel will be spendy. But there are occasionally TL-S/CL-S wheels floating around on ebay, usually go for $50-60. I got a new in plastic TL-S wheel for $50 back in the day...one of the best things I ever did on my car...of course I had a plastic wheel so the difference was huge. The TL-S/CL-S is half solid leather, half perforated leather and feels great.
Old 12-03-2005, 01:06 PM
01ACCORD

They may be able to find via your VIN #
Old 12-08-2005, 10:40 AM
webie

Does anyone knows if the part number it's embedded or labeled on the Steering Wheel? I don't want to dissemble the steering wheel just to find out it not labeled on it.

As of today I think I narrowed my search to the following (2) parts using my VIN #:

78501-S84-A71ZD & 78501-S84-A91ZE

But the description on both parts is "GRAPHITE BLACK".

The main problem is that no site or local store, have the items on stock, and I'll have to pay before they can back order. If the item arrives and it's not the same as mine they will not refund.... Agrrr....
Old 12-08-2005, 11:51 AM
badtameezboy

Here is a DIY, hope this helps

http://honduh.com/showthread.php?t=3237