Notices

Update on accord troubles

Old 12-02-2005, 12:49 PM
93EXaccord
Engines hate me!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Update on accord troubles

I noticed that many of you viewed my problem, and from lack of response im guessing you where as clueless as me.

For those who dont know the story, a quick run down is that headgasket blew and i endend up rebuilding everything except the block (180k and winter around the corner, i figured why the hell not) so i reasembled it and it ran great and when i test drove it and hit over 3-4k the tach went crazy.

well now the car wont start at all and i have been slowly and carefully checking every single thing i could find, from top to bottom.

the first thing checked was the wiring harness, and grounds... they yeilded no answers.

next i checked nearly every sensor i could figure out how to test, everything came back normal except for the resistance between terminals A-C on the ignition coil. but that still didn't help.

so after tyring to turn it over i figured i would once again pull the plugs to see what information they could give. and they where dry as a bone. i tired 3 times to start the car, one of the times was 30sec before i pulled the plugs.

as i though i pulled off the intake tube and there was a heavy fuel smell... so i took a side of my spark-plug box upto the exhaust and held it there with a slight gap at bottom. then while holding the cardboard in place a firend turned the car over, and as i suspected the cardboard got pulled into the exhaust. so right now im int the process of tearing the side apart because my guess is the tensioner wasn't tight enough or is sliped.

sorry for the novel, mostly posting for the records incase any other unfortunates soul has as many problems as me.

~Devin
Old 12-02-2005, 01:09 PM
Misa
Pic Whore

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Good Luck man!

sorry we couldnt help h:
Old 12-02-2005, 04:39 PM
RKV

i had head damage on my car too, sucks...
Old 12-02-2005, 07:08 PM
93EXaccord
Engines hate me!

ok update: tore almlost everything apart...all the valves are moving smooth, the engine is about 3 teeth outta time with the head... im prolly just gonna replace the tensioner cause the belt felt flimsy upon dissasembly.

lesson learned: replace tensioner with t-belt...and go over your work a third time cause sometimes the second still misses things