Notices

help with exhaust!!

Old 12-01-2005, 10:45 AM
acuraintegra91

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default help with exhaust!!

I have a acura integra 91 ls I have the stock exhaust on still and am wanting a new custom catback exhaust I dont have a lot of money sticking to around 300$ any ideas? What has worked for you, for good hsp gain and good sound?

Thanks alot for your time
Old 12-01-2005, 11:01 AM
tegbooster
Resident Ninja-photo'er

with bone stock LS your not gunna get much if any HP with an exhaust...but they are a good step towards larger projects....what do u wanna do in the future....300 is a nice chunk of change to start saving up for something
Old 12-01-2005, 11:06 AM
mr.crx

build your own order the exhaust and then go to any auto parts store and the will have the tubing to do it get like 2.5 inch to three inches and just weld it all together
Old 12-01-2005, 12:07 PM
tegbooster
Resident Ninja-photo'er

bone stock lS is almost pointless to go that big though...he'd end up losing power if he went any higher than a 2.5
Old 12-01-2005, 12:09 PM
Provocateur
On permanent hiatus

If it is crush bent, 2.5" will be fine since the bends are noticably less wide. 2.5" mandrel bent piping would not be suitable for a stock motor.
Old 12-01-2005, 01:24 PM
mr.crx

but does he intend on keeping it stock if he doesnt once he starts and gets farther down the line he will want to get more out of i would say 2.5 is a good size to go with.
Old 12-01-2005, 03:08 PM
TheOtherDave™
Apathy Kills

Originally Posted by acuraintegra91
I have a acura integra 91 ls I have the stock exhaust on still and am wanting a new custom catback exhaust I dont have a lot of money sticking to around 300$ any ideas? What has worked for you, for good hsp gain and good sound?

Thanks alot for your time
2.5 mandrel bent won't be that horrible... but OTOH, it won't give you much in terms of HP by itself.

If anything, I'd be more concerned about quieting the resonances that will be inherent to larger piping.

Back when I was considering turbocharging my DC4, I had a 2.5" mandrel cat-back on the car. It was far too buzzy and resonant to be suitable for a daily driver while the car was naturally aspirated. And that was with a large muffler and long perforated-core resonator.

Frankly, if you only have $300 to play with, I'd keep the car stock until power-adders made an oversized exhaust advantageous.

---

Do you have an idea of what your long-term plans are?
What's your budget, how reliable do you need the car to be ... and how fast do you want to want to go?

:: HAN Integra FAQ: If, by some miracle, yours hasn't been stolen... check it out!
Old 12-08-2005, 07:06 PM
acuraintegra91

thanks for the hints