Notices

help on 97 accord speaker instillation

Old 11-30-2005, 12:59 PM
scooterchampsd

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default help on 97 accord speaker instillation

i was wondering if anyone could send me a link or let me know where all of the screws are on the front doors are to replace the front speakers

thanks
Old 11-30-2005, 05:09 PM
sslkickers
My Car Is Slow

i have a 96 and the way you do it is pop off the door panel and there's your speaker
there's like ..3 screws? and your speaker is out
it should take like 10-15 minutes i would think
you have to take out the door lever, and unscrew the lock and take out a coupla other things and then it should pop right out
Old 12-01-2005, 01:45 PM
scooterchampsd

i dont know how to take the door panel off
Old 12-02-2005, 07:34 AM
jimbo505

Well taking a door panel off is not too hard. I have had some experience with different types of cars over the years, some are a little different. Make sure your windows are rolled down first.

Sometimes there are screws on the door panel - ones that are recessed you should be able to see. For instance holding the door handle in. Remove them first. There may also be plugs that if you remove the 'head' you will see a screw behind them.

After this you will need a tool to pop off the door panel. There is a specialty made tool to do this, but I typically use a flat head screw driver to do this.

If you are looking at the door, there are 'plugs' that are behind the door on the edges (left hand side near the lock and along the bottom) that keep the door panel on. They can be white or black and made of plastic.
You will need to pry them out. They will be attached to the panel so don't force too hard or you might break one or the attachement point on the panel.

After this, there's disconnecting your power window plug, door lock plug if you have those available.

Next you want to remove the panel by moving the panel upwards as the 'felt' or rubber trim has clips in them that hold it close to the glass. This should be it, don't force things too much.

If you break one, you can sometimes get replacements at the auto parts store. Typically with age they tend to crack easily

After you are done, you can follow the steps to reinstall your panel. I would get a chilton's manual so you can see how the door panel goes on and what screws to remove. You might want to search the forum or look through the web to see how to remove a door panel.