Notices

Honda Questions?

Old 11-28-2005, 11:10 PM
p_mcnaught

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Honda Questions?

What is the most common things to go wrong with a 2001 Honda Accord V6 Auto?
Old 11-29-2005, 12:51 AM
shonnv
7th Gen Coupe V6

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Got search??????

tranny usualy
Old 11-29-2005, 10:39 AM
ItsaHonda

What is the most common things to go wrong with a 2001 Honda Accord V6 Auto>>

Alternators (courtesy of Delphi) sensors, clock lights, wheel bearings and the transmission. As long as it's under 100k miles and 7 years old, Honda will take care of the tranny. Afterwards, they are good about goodwill service... which is usually meeting the customer half-way on the total cost of repairs.

Even though the 6th gens had a known defect in the tranny (bad carrier bearings) not all Accords will suffer tranny failures, so I wouldn't let this deter me from buying one. Forums, web sites, etc. tend to make problems seem worse than they really are.
Old 11-29-2005, 04:42 PM
FallenAngelHIM

i have a 2000 LX, bought it used. everything is perfect...automatic transmission too, tranny is in proper working condition. i bought it about october of last year, did a tranny fluid exchange, fuel injection cleaning service, spark plugs, distributor cap, and wire change just incase the previous user was crappy about maintenance. so far, so good. i keep up with my tire rotations, my brakes and rotors, and of course my oil changes. i use a bottle of those fuel injection cleaner shits every oil change (some people will tell you it's crap but i do it just to make sure everything is good), i just did the seafoam. so, yeah, 6th gens look beautiful and as long as you keep up with the maintenance (OIL CHANGES!!!!) you will be fine!
Old 12-02-2005, 04:55 PM
04accordcoupe
oh how i wish i had a V6

i remember a while back ago someone made a thread called "you know you have a 6th gen when..."
Old 12-02-2005, 04:59 PM
RKV

your transmission, your alternator, oem provided battery, main relay, accessory belts, sunroof squeeks, clock bulb goes out, OEM single disc cd player does not work as well (98-00 models EX), alignment issues, rattling inside the car, rear anti-sway bar endlinks go bad
Old 12-09-2005, 07:43 PM
p_mcnaught

I havnt purchased the Honda yet, the money I am sapose to get is taking a little longer than expected! When I do buy the car. What would you recommend for me to replace on it! I am getting 18's and eibach springs! so its gonna be lowered, any suspension parts you recommend for me to replace! Its gonna be mostly for crusing not hot rodding!
Old 12-09-2005, 08:52 PM
Misa
Pic Whore

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by p_mcnaught
I havnt purchased the Honda yet, the money I am sapose to get is taking a little longer than expected! When I do buy the car. What would you recommend for me to replace on it! I am getting 18's and eibach springs! so its gonna be lowered, any suspension parts you recommend for me to replace! Its gonna be mostly for crusing not hot rodding!
if youre getting springs, you should also get aftermarket struts, since the stock ones will blow out at the lowered height.
Old 12-10-2005, 07:38 AM
flyromeo3

The bulb will blow prematurely by your shifter. The one that illuminates the P, R, N, D, etc...