Notices

My engine sounds like horses on a brick road.

Old 11-26-2005, 11:17 PM
ND120883

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My engine sounds like horses on a brick road.

*Clopple...clopple clopple...click clopple clopple*

This is the closest form of onomatopoeia I can think of to describe the sounds my engine makes. It only makes this sound at idle, the second I hit the gas even slightly, the sound stops.

The only thing I can think of to cause this would be the fact that about 20k miles ago my timing belt snapped. I was only doing about 20mph when it happened, so i got the timing belt and water pump replaced and the engine still works. Could this sound be from a bent valve or some sort of other residual damage from such an event?

Any input is greatly appreciated, thx.

-Nathan
Old 11-27-2005, 01:28 AM
wedley2
bboy Wesley West

that would sound like the need of a valve adjustment, i know the camry and accord sounds like that when cold because the valve clearance specs are out of wack. id check that out.
Old 11-27-2005, 07:07 AM
ND120883

F the hell out of that. I'll just sell the biotch. Anything valve related is too expensive. It's been going for like 20k miles so...perhaps it can go another 10 before i sell?

This things got accident damage and then this problem and then the walrus problem...i'm ready to just sell it for what I can get and just start fresh with a non-bashed up car. Perhaps another accord.
Old 11-27-2005, 07:20 AM
georgie

find a good honda guy and have him adjust the valves and see what happens
Old 11-27-2005, 08:34 AM
DUNK_Performanc
ThAiLaNd-Land of Smiles

Default Yeah i think so

Yeah i think these guys have it , i thought yur metaphore in my mind and yeah . Hopefully one of yur rockers havent snapped. Ive seen it onlee once tho, ti imng belt break, no valves were bent , but fractured 3 rocker arms and 3 needed to be advusted, little say ,it was on the exhaust side tho, , i guess that horse on a brick or cobblestone road. Just remove yur cam cover if you know how and check it out first, see if anythin loos out the ordinary