Notices

Anyone here think the Accords are getting too expense?

Old 11-26-2005, 08:57 PM
frank69m

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone here think the Accords are getting too expense?

I mean...look at the price these days...

I was looking at a fully load 4 cylinder EX and did you notice that it is roughly the same price as the lowest end Toyota Avalon...and the Avalon is much nicer..and has pretty much most of the Accord standard features. I mean come on...a Fully loaded EX 6 banger is roughly 2-3 k less than a TL, so why not spend the extra money on a TL....
Old 11-26-2005, 10:04 PM
SiClone
X-Moder8er

Well, that's the beauty of freedom of choice then right???

You can either have a full leather interior, heated seats, xm radio capability, and navigation with the Accord (EX-L with nav with auto tranny) for $26,950 (MSRP not incl. destination)

or

A bare bones Avalon XL with NO leather interior, no power seats, no heated seats, and no navigation.
Old 11-26-2005, 10:45 PM
DUNK_Performanc
ThAiLaNd-Land of Smiles

Default Yes they are

From wut ive heard yes they are in deed. I visited my aunt in teh states last month and she was look at a new car, but she always owned a toyota and wanted a Camry, the SE which i wanted her to get but she got the XLE V6 with with the XLE options, i was wide eyed when i saw the sticker of 31,365, and exclaiming of a gold package it was spossed to have and i saw not one gold emblem on the car. Anyway My aunt oes not like the Accord 4DR but does like the 2dr but dun like driving a 2DR car, but the Accord Coupe V6 i saw was 29,389, i was WTF. Anyway she went back and got the Camry which before a DP final price wiff destination came to about 33,782 , if i can closelly remember. Arent these cars the Accord and Camry getting pretty pricey?
Old 11-27-2005, 01:25 AM
wedley2
bboy Wesley West

yup, pretty pricy...go used though.
Old 11-27-2005, 04:02 AM
e3NiNe
#CustomUserTitle

just like the guy above said, look at what Toyota is offering. The Camry is supposed to be in the same class as the Accord, yet it's topping 30K ... this is a sign of things to come.
Old 11-27-2005, 05:23 AM
frank69m

Originally Posted by SiClone
Well, that's the beauty of freedom of choice then right???

You can either have a full leather interior, heated seats, xm radio capability, and navigation with the Accord (EX-L with nav with auto tranny) for $26,950 (MSRP not incl. destination)

or

A bare bones Avalon XL with NO leather interior, no power seats, no heated seats, and no navigation.
Ya, I know...but I guess it depends on what you want...eg heated seats (we don't need that in california), but the Avalon is in a different class and with the new 3.5 liter 6 that kicks the Honda's 4 bangers butt, knee airbags, hell of a lot more leg room in front and especially in back.....is actually cheaper...I'm not trying to start the good ole debate of Honda vs. Toyota...I'm still a honda guy..but I'm just wondering why these cars are getting so bloody expensive...Its just like the corolla vs. civic (well 2005 civic)...about the same features but 1000 to 2000 cheaper..Just don't want honda to lose site of value.

2006 Toyota Avalon
XL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)
MSRP Invoice
National Base Price (excludes destination charge)
A note about advertising fees $26,625 $23,788

But to me, this looks a little better...and it seems like, you can "deal" more with Toyota than Hondas...In speaking with Honda salespeople, they don't seem to want to go down as much...but just my opinion.

Anyways, just voicing my opinons on how expensive the once affordable, common, midsized sedan from hondas used to be and how it was a great value before..not sure about now.
Old 11-27-2005, 06:46 AM
Jon02Accord

hondas are more exp bc they hold their value more. toyota fleets out the camry to rental companies, so they move more volume and can sell for less, which greatly affects resale.
Old 11-27-2005, 08:16 AM
DUNK_Performanc
ThAiLaNd-Land of Smiles

Default Is that so?

I had no idea about that, i do no that about the previous model, they are offered here as fleet cars and taxi's but not the new model. In a phase the Honda accord that was made for american taste,(98-02) was sold here onlee as fleet for about 2.5, 3 years at most , mainlly as a "HONDA" not to trip up the Accord that was already here, but it was sold mainlly for taxi, rental and commercial duty, and then sales halted after 2 years and the last were, well i dont kno wut happened, Most models were V6 and had transmission issues i think. And usuing it as commercial and taxi would bring it out right away.But here Toyota has a great resale , maybe cause it also has more models that also still carry turbo and so forth. I think they both have great build quality, but as for 80-97 Honda could not touch Toyota's reliability and build quality.
Old 11-27-2005, 09:55 AM
Jon02Accord

i am only speaking about the american market.
Old 11-27-2005, 10:05 AM
DUNK_Performanc
ThAiLaNd-Land of Smiles

Default Earlier

earlier i was speaking of american market, The price's are getting bloated 30,000 dollar Accords and Camry's