Notices

93 accord plug wire disaster HELP asap

Old 11-26-2005, 02:15 PM
latekilla

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 93 accord plug wire disaster HELP asap

I was fianlly trying to change my plugs on the 93 accord. well the round plug wire boot has a rubber growth on the end that apparently comes off.....deep down in the chamber....i cant get them out and in turn cannot change the plugs. the holes have mass oil down in them as well....what do i do......i may have gotten one down in the engine somehow because now there is a weird noise when the oil cap is off.. will i damage the engine and how do i fix this? take the valve cover off and er um i dunno
Old 11-26-2005, 02:34 PM
DUNK_Performanc
ThAiLaNd-Land of Smiles

Default When the oil cap is off

When the oil cap is off and engine running yu will hear the valves and the air pressure, anyway, yu need to be a little more clear. The rubber boot from the bottom of the spark plug wire shaft stayed in the spark plug tube on the spark plug?well first , i have had this problem before. I did take them out, but a diffrant way. But here wut yu need to do, the oil thats in the spark plug tube is from the cam cover gasket. Where the cam cover opening meet the spark plug tube there are an almost oval rubber seal that seals the area between the cam cover and the spark plug tubes.They usually dry up and oil will dribble into the spark plug tube. . get a cam cover gasket set and it will have the spark plug tube grommets with it.the rubber boot, hmmm take a long enough but thin flat screw driver and try to dislode and unstick it from the spark plug(happens alot, the plugs if have been on for a while heats up and the boot sticks to teh ceramic portion of the plug)once yu have gotten it to unstick take a wire cloths hanger ,cut off a 7 inch straight part. on one end make a small half inch hook style bend, that side yur going to use to fish the rubber boot out, sorry i dont have another way, but i got it done that way, if it was a mitsubishi or toyota yu could have just unscrewed the spark plug tubes after removing the cam cover lol
Old 11-26-2005, 02:52 PM
latekilla

thank you very much sir. do i need to pop the valve cover to access this in any way? lets see these cam cover gaskets... they must be about/around the valve cover above where the spark plug tube is? i presume they must be if the oil is filling in the chamber. hope im not confusing. is there instruction with this kit. thanks for your time and insight. laten
Old 11-26-2005, 02:56 PM
DUNK_Performanc
ThAiLaNd-Land of Smiles

Default sorry

as when i mean cam cover i am meaning valve cover lol, i forgot to use the term valve Cover instead, its just we dont use that term here in thailand or asian yu might say, we call it a cam cover lol.
Old 11-26-2005, 03:15 PM
DUNK_Performanc
ThAiLaNd-Land of Smiles

Default hopefully this will help

Originally Posted by DUNK_Performanc
as when i mean cam cover i am meaning valve cover lol, i forgot to use the term valve Cover instead, its just we dont use that term here in thailand or asian yu might say, we call it a cam cover lol.
Here is a pic i dug up , hope it helps