Notices

which control arm bushing kit?

Old 11-26-2005, 01:26 PM
KaneGrant

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default which control arm bushing kit?

just wanted to know if anyone out there knew which bushing kit would be a good one to get. oem? or a/m? i want to get the bushings that will last longer on my 95 civic 2 dr. can anyone give a suggestion, please?
Old 11-26-2005, 09:37 PM
bambbrose

ES makes a good kit, but I wouldn't install their rear trailing arm bushings and I have heard of issues with those.

The best kit IMO but also the most pricey way is to use ITR bushings. they are slightly stiffer from what I am told and they are OEM quality and fit right in on your 95 civic.
Old 11-26-2005, 10:58 PM
chimchim
WRX cuz Honda won't wagon

Originally Posted by bambbrose
ES makes a good kit, but I wouldn't install their rear trailing arm bushings and I have heard of issues with those.

The best kit IMO but also the most pricey way is to use ITR bushings. they are slightly stiffer from what I am told and they are OEM quality and fit right in on your 95 civic.
Or even better: the Mugen TA bushings; which I happen to have forsale since I never got around to installing them on my car. I'll sell them to anyone for $100 flat plus shipping anywhere in US and US territories.

From my research, the reason why you don't want urethane bushings at the trailing arm (TA) pivot point is because of the way Honda designed the multi link rear. The front of the TA is connected to a rod which determines the toe of the rear wheel (this is what is adjusted in an alignement for toe). As the TA moves up and down, this connecting rod changes the toe dynamically as the suspension is compressed. The only way for the TA to move in this manner is if the pivot point (at the bushing) does more than just pivot up and down, but also pivots slightly left and right. Urethane bushings only have an up/down pivot, therefore the left/right motions will have to come from elsewhere in the system. This is known as BINDING. If you have a very stiff suspension, it probably will be ok with urethane bushings, since less compression is experienced. However, there is always compression so there will always be stressing that were intended to be flexed by the TA. Why else would Mugen use rubber bushings?

Most of the other bushings in the civic suspension only experience one dimension of rotation, and thus are great candidates for urethane bushings, but not the rear TA bushing.
Old 11-28-2005, 11:30 AM
KaneGrant

Default Thanks

Thank You