Notices

Possibly damage or self heal?

Old 11-25-2005, 01:24 PM
mattatuncg

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Possibly damage or self heal?

For the record I have:
1993 Honda Civic DX, coupe, 5-speed.

On the way to an interview today something happened to my car. I soon as I got on I-40 and gunned it, my car all of a sudden acted sluggish. The sound from the exhaust was different too. I watched the dash looking for any warning lights, and none came on. So I got to Southpoint Mall and look under the hood....coolant was slightly spraying out of the top of the radiator (pastic). At first I couldn't figure out why the car would act sluggish, and not be overheating. When I gave it some thought I figured out what had happened. I have a short ram air intake, which the filter sits pretty close to the top of the radiator, and I think when I gunned it, coolant sprayed backwards and was sucked up into the filter. After removing the old radiator, I went ahead and removed the filter and noticed that the pipe was a little damp. I'm putting in the new radiator tonight, but was wondering if the sluggishness from coolant being sucked up permantley did damage, or as I drive it some more, it will simply combust out of the engine in time and eventually heal?
Old 11-25-2005, 01:34 PM
bega

It'll heal I drove into a big ass puddle with my sisters boyfriends car, it sucked up some water, It was sluggish as hell for a few weeks, than it was alright.
Old 11-25-2005, 02:45 PM
extensioncordy
EG6

i cleaned my motor once and somehow got water in the filter even after i sealed everything with trash bags...the car ran liek shit for awhile like 2 days then it all of a sudden was perfectly fine...so it should heal if thats what you want to hear