Notices

Possible suspension problem ?

Old 11-24-2005, 02:49 PM
redcivdude
SOHC Monster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Possible suspension problem ?

Alright. For the past 3 years I've been riding on Tokico blues (nonadjustable) and Dropzone coilovers (went cheap until I can afford something better) and for the past 3 years I've had no problem with my ride as far as being bumpy or any noise coming for the suspension. However, recently I lowered my car maybe about and inch and half more from the previous 2.75 in. drop I orginally had the springs set at and now my rear right shock (the same side as my exhaust) is making a rattling noise. The noise isn't so apparent when it's just me driving the car but when I have my girlfriend in it with me or more then two people it rattles like hell. It almost sounds like my exhaust is rattling against something but I'm wondering what you guys think. I'm getting under the car tommorow when I change my oil to see what's up but I'm wondering if anybody else has had this problem or what you guys think it could be. I know it's not blown because the ride is fine and the car is sitting perfectly balanced but I was thinking maybe it's the bump stop or something along those lines. Any suggestions ? I'll update tommorow after I get a chance to look at it. Also, I drive in a very hilly area (Tallahassee, FL) and the roads are extremely shitty. Thanks guys.
Old 11-25-2005, 06:24 AM
ED9man
driver

so you're 4.25" below stock ride height? :eh:
Old 11-26-2005, 08:53 AM
redcivdude
SOHC Monster

I'm at a 4 inch drop. I gave a friend a ride in it the other day and he said that it sounds like the shock is blown. Could this be it ?
Old 11-26-2005, 02:29 PM
Wharbone

Tokico blues are deffinately not designed to go that low. They are just an OEM replacement. Probably blown.