Notices

overheating 95 accord, help.

Old 11-24-2005, 08:40 AM
JPBurke

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default overheating 95 accord, help.

I need to replace my thermostat. and i need help in steps in replacing the part. anything would help thanks.
Old 11-24-2005, 10:11 AM
Thooks
President-2008

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Oh man, this is a booger.

You will need to take the air filter hose loose from the air filter box. Remove the plastic piece of crap that is attached on the underside of the hose. I never did get the hose completely loose and out of the car because there is one rigid hose connected to the fresh air hose that is impossible to take loose. Goes to the fuel rail or something.

Move the wires and other hoses out of the way the best you can. You will need 8mm and 10mm sockets and a 6" and 3" extension along with a U-joint will help a ton. You will need to take a bracket or two loose to get to the lower radiator hose fitting.

Take the hose off the fitting and shove it out of the way. You should be able to get to the two bolts holding the fitting/t'stat cover off.

The back one is a MAJOR Pain. Keep at it. You will need to get at it with a wrench.

Make sure you put the new T'stat back in the correct way, make sure that dangling piece of brass goes at the top.

I installed a Stant from Advance. It is working fine. Some people don't like Stant, and I was skeptical, but it is working like it should.

Oh yeah, put a rag over the battery terminals, will keep you from scraping up your wrists and banging wrenches on them and sparking.