Notices

Power Window problems

Old 11-23-2005, 06:43 PM
ker

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Power Window problems

96 Accord EX
Driver window works fine. Problem was that the other windows could be lowered from the master driver switches but not raised. Their own door switches worked however. I pulled the driver master switch to clean the individual switch contacts.
Now, only the driver window works from the master switch and the individual door switches no longer lower or raise their respective windows either.
I checked the fuses and they appear ok.
It appears the driver window switch is treated differently than the other windows since it is working but something is causing all the other windows not to work from either the driver master or individual door switches.

What would explain this?
How does the power window relay work? Is that for all the windows or what?
Seems these Hondas have lots of power window problems.
Thanks.
Old 11-26-2005, 08:14 AM
ker

False alarm - the passenger window lockout switch was activated. Now I'm down to just the Fr Rt power window not working from either master or door switch. I guess it's time for some door panel removal and diagnostic activity. I believe the drill is to see if the motor is getting power or not. Fuse is fine.
Old 11-27-2005, 09:09 AM
DUNK_Performanc
ThAiLaNd-Land of Smiles

Default Check the switch first

check the window switch first, on the window that is not working, check if current is comming to the switch. If there is(key must be on) press the switch in the window down position and hold it and test the teminals on the window switch now, 2 terminals should be hot, release the switch and then onlee one, press the switch in the up position and and there again should be 2 live wires. if there is no current coming to the switch at all the problem may exist solely with the drivers door switch, it over rides all the other doors, (IE if yu unplug the driver door switch none of the other windows will function even tho they hab their own switch)