Notices

auto cluster in man. tranny?

Old 11-22-2005, 03:02 PM
acidburn2k2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default auto cluster in man. tranny?

so as you all know, i wrecked my civic a couple days ago, now i am looking at a new one, black on black, 1994 Vtec with 160K miles for $2900 its a 5 speed tranny on it. now here is my dilemma, i wanna strip my guage cluster out of my old auto tranny del sol and put it in my new manual tranny Sol, will this cause any problems? the reason why i wanna do this is cus i did alot of work to my cluster, new guage faces, a neon wire and needle lights. so instead of stripping it out of the old cluster and putting it in the new cluster i wanna just swap clusters, is this possible or am i gonna have any problems? the only difference that i know between the auto and manual clusters is that the auto has a rail in which it says what gear your in, but the car will still run if i dont got that hooked up, right?

thanks,
Carlos
Old 11-22-2005, 03:29 PM
Running925
Your Powder Coater

you will have no problems.. it is plug & play

the plugs match up & everything
Old 11-22-2005, 04:22 PM
mini-me civic

should be plug n play but ur going to have the auto gauges, just but face gauge for ur cluster to cover it up...
Old 11-22-2005, 11:30 PM
Highmile
VX Hatch with 431,500!

You should have no problems. Hook it up!
Old 11-23-2005, 11:02 AM
onegreedy

i have an auto cluster in my manual del sol , everything works fine

but still wondering why i have an auto cluster in a manual del sol
Old 11-23-2005, 11:25 AM
Jafro
I'm made of meat!

You will be committing odometer fraud. Your car will be flagged for it the next time it's registered or inspected depending on the state where you live.

The odometer is built into the speedometer. If you can swap the speedometers out, and all the parts that you want to keep on the manual cluster (or buy a manual face kit with a needle puller and transfer everything else), then your car's mileage will stay correct.

Removing the odometer cluster from the speedometer will break it. It's designed to break if tampered with.

There's a DIY on it, but since you've done it before, you probably don't need it.
Old 11-23-2005, 12:20 PM
Running925
Your Powder Coater

Originally Posted by Jafro
You will be committing odometer fraud. Your car will be flagged for it the next time it's registered or inspected depending on the state where you live.

The odometer is built into the speedometer. If you can swap the speedometers out, and all the parts that you want to keep on the manual cluster (or buy a manual face kit with a needle puller and transfer everything else), then your car's mileage will stay correct.

Removing the odometer cluster from the speedometer will break it. It's designed to break if tampered with.

There's a DIY on it, but since you've done it before, you probably don't need it.
odomenters can be swaped right out of the spedo gauge with 2 phillips screws.. not a big deal. I did it in less than 5min.

this will maintaine the origional milage of the vehicle & be 100% legal