Notices

Mud/splash guards

Old 11-22-2005, 09:44 AM
Accord01Manual

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mud/splash guards

I installed mud guards on all four wheels of my 2001 Accord, but I am curious to know if they do anything other than preventing splashing when driving on wet/muddy roads to other vehicles, pedestrians, and the front sides on your car.

Do you guys have evidence or believe that they prevent rusts in the long term on the sides of your car especially driving in salty roads in the winter? Common sense would dictate that since salt pepples and salty mud (wet snow with salt) hitting the sides of the car would increase the chance of a car getting rusted in the long run....

Anyway, what are your ideas and opinions?
Old 11-22-2005, 10:16 AM
e3NiNe
#CustomUserTitle

well...

they'll cause uneven paint fading for the portion of the car that it acutally overlaps.
They prevent rocks from rising up and dinging the bottom of your bumper
They keep the rain cloud formed behind you to a minimum.

Prevent rust? The area directly around the mud guards is plastic ... it'll save your paint more than prevent rust.
Old 11-22-2005, 11:22 AM
DUNK_Performanc
ThAiLaNd-Land of Smiles

Default Yup

Thats wut i do hate is that when you do have to remove them for any reason as for adding side skirts they do depending on the term they have been on the car wear the paint on the edges of the surface it overlaps. Some are nice sum are not, they do keep that big splash that most people see on the sides of their car when driving in wet weather tho.Rust??? If you drive in lots snow , they will maybe keep it to a minimum as for teh snow and salt and wutever else will collect up on the splash gaurd and not fly all over and cligng to the sides of the undercarriage where most rust forms.