Notices

help...stereo install

Old 11-22-2005, 06:13 AM
SPANXX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default help...stereo install

I want to install a deck in my 98 civic 2 dr trunk. what is the wiring diagram and how do you remove the rear 6x9's.....help....
Old 11-22-2005, 06:49 AM
cobbcustomz

you want to install a deck in the trunk??? as in there instead of in the dash? Basically get a wiring harness adapter kit plug it in then all the wires will be labeled and color coded off the harness i believe and will match up to your new deck. Extend wiring under the carpet from dash to trunk and match up wires Done
Old 11-22-2005, 06:54 AM
SPANXX

Originally Posted by cobbcustomz
you want to install a deck in the trunk??? as in there instead of in the dash? Basically get a wiring harness adapter kit plug it in then all the wires will be labeled and color coded off the harness i believe and will match up to your new deck. Extend wiring under the carpet from dash to trunk and match up wires Done

sorry. i should have explained it better....the car is a 98 civic 2dr trunk. I want to replace the deck that is in there...i need to know the wiring diagram and want to know how to remove the stock 6x9's...
Old 11-22-2005, 07:27 PM
Roli

i think you mean coupe......
Old 11-22-2005, 08:14 PM
TonyKunz
Mr. Porsche

Well go to your local stereo shop and get a wiring harness and a deck filler
The wires just match up, and then you plug yur harness adapter into the deck adapter and VOILA your done, run your remote (little blue) and Rca's (twinned wire) to the back of your truck. Run a 8 gauge power wire from the battery to your fuse and from your fuse to the back of the car, have a very good ground (bare metal, no paint, body is good) and close to your amp for optimum sound
Mr. Porsche