Notices

Help! My car won't start

Old 11-21-2005, 06:59 PM
JoberLphie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help! My car won't start

I hope you guys can help me out. I have a 2000 Honda civic. Yesterday I left the headlights on for about 15 when I parked up in a parking lot. When I came back, my car wouldnt start, and all I heard were the click-click-click noises. (In that past, I had problems with the battery dying, but ever since I put in an Optima yellow top, I havent had that problem.)

After getting a jump start, I was on my way for a 50 mile drive on the highway, I figured my battery would re-charge. Once I turned the engine off, SAME thing! Click click click....

I used my meter, and my batter read, 12+ Volts... I jump started it again and with the engine on, it read 14.4 or so...

I did notice that when I jump started the car.. it was a very WEAK start, not the usual starting sound I got prior to leaving my lights on.

Another weird thing is I noticed that when I turned my headlights on (while driving on the highway) my radio would cut out for a second, in addition to the guage cluster turning off for a split second.

What do you guys think is the problem? Weak battery? Alternator? Starter? I cant figure it out... please help.
Old 11-21-2005, 07:23 PM
Wharbone

Get it all tested at autozone. Your battery shouldn't be dead from 15 min.. 50 miles of driving should be plenty to charge it. Probably your alternator, but get it all checked.
Old 11-21-2005, 11:28 PM
Highmile
VX Hatch with 431,500!

My guess is that your battery is weak already. Check the water level, but you probably have a dead cell or whatever.