Notices

94 accord starting issues

Old 11-20-2005, 07:57 PM
SumAccordGuy94
Older Honda Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 94 accord starting issues

Ok, my 94 accord sometimes has trouble starting. Its something that has to do with the fuel pump i know that much, sometimes I hear it when I turn on the key, sometimes I dont. I pulled the main relay and everything looks ok in there.

Just want to see if anyone has had a similar problem before I go poking around with a test light and volt meter, and what it was.

Thanks
Old 11-21-2005, 12:45 AM
lk21joker
AnotherAccordOwner

if your fuel filter is more than 3 or 4 years old, just replace it with a new one.
Old 11-21-2005, 02:39 PM
BetterBob
Nobama

The main relay may look fine even though it has bad solder points. It is very hard to tell. The best way is to re solder all the points, i would also check the fuel filter
Old 11-22-2005, 11:32 AM
DUNK_Performanc
ThAiLaNd-Land of Smiles

Default Even in Thailand

I have seen and as sumone say it may look fine but its not, I have onlee seen this happen on very very few 93-96 accords, i have seen it happen just as yu stated on late 89-92.5 accords here in thailand. They werk and they dont. The main relay incorporates more than just the fuel pump but thats one way. Honda fuel pumps dont work when they feel like it. They will either work or not. Ive had onlee a few your model accords have the main relay go out but they do and have the same symptoms.
Old 11-22-2005, 01:05 PM
SumAccordGuy94
Older Honda Fanatic

Im in the process of rebuilding alot of the car... the fuel filter is on the list... i dont think it was EVER changed! Im gonna pull the relay and re-solder all the connections just for the hell of it, but they all look ok.

Once the battery is back in the car, we'll see if anything changes. Im hoping its not the pump, i'd rather not have to drop the tank from the car. (although the sending unit is bad too) Never ends...
Old 11-23-2005, 08:18 AM
DUNK_Performanc
ThAiLaNd-Land of Smiles

Default They are seperate

the sending unit and the fuel pump on most models 93.9-96 have a seperate sending unit and fuel pump. Especially on coupes. The sending unit can be reached forth of the tank, fold down the rear seats, remove the mat in the trunk and , while sitting in the car on the left of the trunk, near the seat well opening after you pull up the trunk carpet there will be an access cover, that access cover will lead to the sending unit, check the wiring, make sure the ground does not look coroded, the bad thing about honda pumps those years is that the fuel pump ground was screwed to the top of the unit and the fuel pump picked up the ground inside the tank from a wire screwed to the bracket that held the pump in place. But anyway sending unit is accesed from in the trunk, unfortunatlly the fuel pump still requires yu to drop the tank.
Old 11-23-2005, 02:21 PM
SumAccordGuy94
Older Honda Fanatic

yea, i knew that... if i'm gonna mess around back there i'm gonna change the pump and sending unit, so i'll just drop the tank.