Notices

cold air intake installation help

Old 11-19-2005, 06:18 PM
i eat rice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default cold air intake installation help

hello.. i am new to the forums and also new to adding modifications to vehicles.. im putting in a CAI (cold air intake) into my 94 honda accord ex and am pretty much finished.. but..

when i started i pulled 2 connections from my stock hose, but the CAI only has 1 hole to reconnect the existing connections.. so i have 1 value/hose just hanging there.. need some help.. here are some pics..

thanks in advance

Old 11-19-2005, 06:36 PM
shonnv
7th Gen Coupe V6

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think you will have to buy a small extension pipe and stick it in there
Old 11-19-2005, 11:53 PM
i eat rice

extension pipe? what if i do get an extension pipe.. how am i going to attach it to the intake tube? is it necessary to drill a hole? what does that valve do and what would the consequences be if i just left it there?
Old 11-20-2005, 12:00 AM
tokomo68

Originally Posted by i eat rice
extension pipe? what if i do get an extension pipe.. how am i going to attach it to the intake tube? is it necessary to drill a hole? what does that valve do and what would the consequences be if i just left it there?
i had the same problem with my accord...i left the valve unattached for a few months and then i just drilled a hole into the pipe and bought an extension hose and i stuck it in there and put sealant around the hose

it didnt seem to make a difference with the way my car ran when the hose was off and then when i attached it
Old 11-20-2005, 06:06 AM
Honura_Kit

well, I had similar problem, on my 02 accord. but instead, I had extra pipe sticking out from the intake.. so I asked the shop and they said it's ok to use tape and cover the hole. so I've been droven like that for about 2 years now... I had no problems. =]
Old 11-21-2005, 01:01 AM
lk21joker
AnotherAccordOwner

Dude, I'll go with shonnv just to be safe. Buy that extension pipe or a three way split extension (like one of those in the windshield wiper fluid pipe underneath the hood). I had that same 94 accord ex with three small pipes conneting to the intake while my friend had a 97 accord ex with only one pipe, I dont understand why, both cars are auto i4 vtec.
Old 11-21-2005, 08:36 AM
i eat rice

thanks for your responses.. i commute about 50 miles one way and so i drove it this morning.. didnt see any problems, but i will probably see if i can get a three way extension from autozone or something..

would anyone happen to know what that value does though? it was connected to the stock intake with a long rubber hose..

also.. it seems as though my windshield wiper fluid is not coming out anymore.. i checked for leaks and nothing.. maybe it has something to do with the small resonator i removed that was connected to the lower portion of the stock intake.. i think i removed a vacuum hose from the solenoid and capped it.. that was the closest i came to a wiper fluid hose

thanks
Old 11-21-2005, 11:51 PM
lk21joker
AnotherAccordOwner

maybe the sprayer got clogged, did you wax your hood and some of the wax got to the sprayer?
Old 11-22-2005, 08:48 AM
blacknight07601

I have the same thing on my 00 Accord. I just left it un connected. Been that way for the past 2 years with no problems.