Notices

ABS code 1-2

Old 11-19-2005, 07:15 AM
fathergoat
:3

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ABS code 1-2

My 94 ex is giving me an ABS code 1-2 "ABS pump/motor circut problem" does anyone have an idea how to trouble shoot this or a link to a site with some good info? I've looked all over and can't find anything. Any help would be appreciated.
Old 11-19-2005, 01:53 PM
fathergoat

well I feel kind of dumb but it was a fuse. I don't know how I missed it earlier. Now it's giving me a speed sensor code. Atleast that I can fix
Old 11-19-2005, 04:01 PM
Wharbone

Originally Posted by fathergoat
well I feel kind of dumb but it was a fuse. I don't know how I missed it earlier. Now it's giving me a speed sensor code. Atleast that I can fix
My right rear speed sensor has been out for about a year now. I now live in AZ with no snow, so it's not as crucial that I have it. It's annoying though having the bright ABS light on all the time.

I have heard that sometimes you can clean the speed sensor off and that will fix it. It's magnetic, so particles will stick to it. Also clean off the teeth in front of the speed sensor since that is where is takes it's reading from.

Other than that, check the connections to speedsensor all the way back. Sometimes the connections get loose.

If the part is actually bad, it's like $150 for a new one (if I remember right). Might be able to find one a junk yard though.
Old 11-20-2005, 05:55 AM
fathergoat

I'm going to clean it today i think that will fix it. If not autozone has them for under 100. I live in Indiana and it's going to snow soon. But that's why I have an AWD bravada