Notices

Milky!

Old 11-18-2005, 05:04 PM
JiggaD369

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Milky!

weel today i decided to change my oil pan gasket on a 94 accord lx and when i pulled the pan off, the oil had milky substance mixed in. i know that usually means the coolant is mixing in somewhere, but there is no milky residue on the dipstick or under the oil cap. does this mean i have a bad head gasket or i should look somewhere else? also, im leaking coolant by the oil pan, right next to it, most likely bad water pump. could those two be related?
Old 11-19-2005, 04:29 PM
Thooks
President-2008

Are you missing coolant?

Overheating?

Sure sounds like a head gasket to me. Ain't nothing supposed to be in the oil except oil.

Oil that looks like chocolate milk is a sure sign of a head gasket replacement in the future.
Old 11-19-2005, 05:00 PM
RedThunder

what type of driving does the car see, and where are you located?
Old 11-19-2005, 05:42 PM
AcuraFanatic

The oil pan gasket would have to be really bad to capture a leak nearby it. Sounds like a bad headgasket. Do a compression check.
Old 11-30-2005, 04:34 PM
JiggaD369

Originally Posted by RedThunder
what type of driving does the car see, and where are you located?
im in Somerset, NJ. i drive about 40 miles everyday total. im leaking oil in the spark plug area, but that should be the oil seals at the bottom though. right? I just replaced my oil pan gasket and cleaned out the oil pickup screen since it was clogged. now the car runs "bad" and rougher than before. i thought there wasnt enough oil coming to the top so i cleaned out the pickup but could i have went wrong somewhere?

eversince ive gotten this car, the temp gauge in the cluster never worked (always rested at the bottom). could that've possibly played a roll in the roughness of the car?
Old 12-02-2005, 08:18 PM
qsd_Dan

"Ever since ive gotten this car, the temp gauge in the cluster never worked (always rested at the bottom). could that've possibly played a roll in the roughness of the car?"

I would replace the thermostat. Who knows, maybe there isn't even one in there. A thermostat stuck in the open position will make the car run too cool and won't burn off the moisture that naturally collects in the oil. This would be the reason for the milky substance in the oil. This could also lead to the reason why your temp gauge doesn't move.

Also a malfunctioning PCV valve and plumbing will cause milkiness in the oil. With the motor running, pull the PCV valve out of the valve cover and make sure there is vacuum at the valve. I usually give the valve a shot of carb cleaner every once in a while to keep it from sticking.
Old 12-03-2005, 07:28 AM
JiggaD369

pcv valve was replaced a month ago and when i replaced it, i gave it a shot of seafoam. but when i pull the pcv valve off, there is oil on it, meaning the the rings are bad down there? the engine is really loud especially on the bottom. could these two be related? i was thinking of just reaplcing the engine since the water pump needs to be replaced (have a puddle of coolant everymorning under the car), the timing belt needs to be changed, the valve train clicks like sh*t, most likely needs a new oil pump since i just switched from syntheic to reg oil, etc etc. just plain tired of this car. the other day when i was driving, the car wouldnt accelerate properly. the rpms wouldnt kick down below 2K after i let go of the pedal for like 2 secs (kind of a scary moment). so i guess its just a bunch of problems. by the time im done fixing these problems, i would be better of buying a semi-used engine. right?