Notices

Ahh, the Mintmobile

Old 11-18-2005, 04:31 PM
AccordVT
Ian

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ahh, the Mintmobile

I have a 1994 Honda Accord Ex 4cyl 4 door
It's exterior color is a very light blue/green almost mint color (you probably know what i mean) I was woundering if it was possible to repaint the car a different color BY MYSELF? If I took my time and got the tools/materials I need. What materials would I need?
-OR-
If you think i should just have it painted by a professional, how much do you think it would cost, on average?
Old 11-18-2005, 07:05 PM
01ACCORD

Originally Posted by AccordVT
I have a 1994 Honda Accord Ex 4cyl 4 door
It's exterior color is a very light blue/green almost mint color (you probably know what i mean) I was woundering if it was possible to repaint the car a different color BY MYSELF? If I took my time and got the tools/materials I need. What materials would I need?
-OR-
If you think i should just have it painted by a professional, how much do you think it would cost, on average?
By the time you buy all the tools, compressor, good gun, moisture separator, prep the old paint, find a location that is clean, and safe to paint in...

Forget it, let a pro do it. I've actually had a few good repairs done at Maaco. They have a lot of different price levels, but you get what you pay for. They or any body shop will give you a free quote.

Also, if you change colors, it will cost a LOT more to have all the inside areas done, doors, under hood, under trunk, etc.

Check local shops and get references.
Old 11-19-2005, 06:42 PM
jschmid

You probably don't want to hear this, but in reality, for the price of getting a nice paint job ($3K-5K or so) you could sell your 94 and get a 97 or 98 (depends on what body style you like) with fewer miles and the color you want.

Unless you have serious mods like a motor swap or built up motor and turbo, it's a no brainer to me.
Old 11-19-2005, 06:47 PM
shonnv
7th Gen Coupe V6

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jschmid
You probably don't want to hear this, but in reality, for the price of getting a nice paint job ($3K-5K or so) you could sell your 94 and get a 97 or 98 (depends on what body style you like) with fewer miles and the color you want.

Unless you have serious mods like a motor swap or built up motor and turbo, it's a no brainer to me.
Exactly!