Notices

radiator fluid, NOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Old 11-18-2005, 11:04 AM
accordsir86

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default radiator fluid, NOOOOOOOOOOOOO

ok so heres the deal. i just got to work right now and when i was parking like five minutes ago i noticed a pool of radiator fluid coming from under the engine bay, i quickly got down and checked under the car and couldnt see any fluid dripping from the radiator ( at this point my car is not running, iam parked ), but then i was in a hurry cus iam already 15 mins late. anyways, ill going back out there to chek it out again, but what do you guys think it could be, hose, radiator leaking, or what? you think i can drive it 20 minutes home without messin up my stuff. i know its coming from my car too cus when i was walking to my office i noticed a trail of drops of liquid leading to my car in the lot.
Old 11-18-2005, 11:36 AM
Kai
Rotorphile.

You mean coolant.

We can't tell you what is wrong without seeing it. It could be as simple as a pinprick leak in a heater hose to as horrible as a cracked block.

Refill it with water, let it warm up, and look to see where it is coming out. You have about a fifty/fifty chance of it being safe to get home.
Old 11-18-2005, 11:55 AM
accordsir86

Originally Posted by Kai
You mean coolant.

We can't tell you what is wrong without seeing it. It could be as simple as a pinprick leak in a heater hose to as horrible as a cracked block.

Refill it with water, let it warm up, and look to see where it is coming out. You have about a fifty/fifty chance of it being safe to get home.
yea coolant, same thing, thats what i was thinking, i hope its not a cracked block, but then that will be my excuse to get a whole new engine.
i didnt see anything leaking from the radiator itself, but the puddle originated i think from under the block area.
Old 11-18-2005, 03:29 PM
MORRISSEY

sometimes when you dont close the radiator cap correctly it causes the reservoir bottle to boil and the water overflows thru there, could also be a leak due to worn out water pump gasket or hole in radiator hose.
Old 11-18-2005, 08:02 PM
accordsir86

found the leak, its a hose that was hiding under the dist. cap so i couldnt see, the metal clamps kinda bit into it. thanks for all the responses, much appreciated.