Notices

Omni Power Coilover System vs... Omni Power Coilovers

Old 11-15-2005, 09:53 PM
CaliDELSOL93si

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Omni Power Coilover System vs... Omni Power Coilovers

Alright guys,

I know omni power coilover system is about $650 - $750 depending on where you get em. My question is this, Omni Power coilovers without the struts are only $150. Since those coilovers and tokico blues are more in my budget (about $350), i was wondering if anyone has experience with just the Omni Coilovers without the actual Omni power struts ???

How is the ride ??? I am looking at either getting KYB's or Tokico Blues. Let me know if you have experience with either one of those as well.

Thanks in advance guys.
Old 11-15-2005, 11:00 PM
RicoD
Pull my finger

I had omni power coil overs for a bit... the ride was decent for a full coilver over... i found a deal on some koni yellows and yeah i just switched out the shocks and they road great that was just my experience though
Old 11-15-2005, 11:14 PM
CaliDELSOL93si

thanks bud, anyone else ? bump for tonight
Old 11-16-2005, 05:58 AM
Wharbone

Holy crap your signature is big. Please cut it down a bit.

I wouldn't use the Omni's with Tokico blues. Blues are just an OEM replacement. I don't they would last long. I think the omni's are supposed to be pretty stiff (like Skunk2's), but I have never tried them myself.
Old 11-16-2005, 07:46 AM
CivicSiRacer
Honorary Moderator Alumni

Right with any coilover you want a shock that will be able to handle the spring rates. Many OEM & aftermarket shocks just don't have the valving to handle high spring rates. The gas and oils inside the shock will start to cavitate (bubble) since a coilover will work the shocks more making the temperature go up inside the shock.

One of the Laws of Thermodynamics. Compress a gas or liquid and the temperature will go up - sort of like a pressure cooker. This is what degrades OEM & most aftermarket shocks. As the temperature rises so does the pressure inside the shock and kills the seals and the gases/liquid inside the shock.

Sort of like having to change your oil every 5000-7000 miles. The oil just looses it's ability to protect your engine.

If you want to prevent all the above you should get a good shock: Koni Yellows, maybe Tokico Illuminas, or the shocks that come with the Omni coilovers. I had Tokico Illuminas with Skunk2 coilovers and those shocks blew within 6-8 months on my 1993 Civic Ex.
Old 11-16-2005, 12:33 PM
1995Civic
I hate ricers

[QUOTE=CaliDELSOL93si]How is the ride ??? I am looking at either getting KYB's or Tokico Blues.QUOTE]

I dont understand, you've always recommended Tokico Blues to people who are looking for shocks. They are just OEM replacement that are non-adjustable. Depending on how low your drop will be, if I were to get KYB's, I would only get the AGX's which max out around a 2" drop.

Even though the Blues are cheap, save your money and get some good 5-way adjustable shocks (Koni yellows, Illuminas, etc.) You would be disappointed w/ the blues.
Old 11-16-2005, 01:43 PM
CaliDELSOL93si

only recommend them because that is what i have had in the past. just wondering how they would hold up with the omni's that's all.
Old 11-16-2005, 02:57 PM
1995Civic
I hate ricers

Originally Posted by CaliDELSOL93si
only recommend them because that is what i have had in the past. just wondering how they would hold up with the omni's that's all.
Its cool, I was just wondering also.
Old 11-16-2005, 03:11 PM
bambbrose

I don't think there will be any comparision with tokico blues/omni sleeves compared to omni full coils.

You are talking oem replacement with sleeve coilover compared to a full coil setup.

Kind of a no brainer
Old 11-16-2005, 04:19 PM
1995Civic
I hate ricers

Originally Posted by bambbrose
I don't think there will be any comparision with tokico blues/omni sleeves compared to omni full coils.

You are talking oem replacement with sleeve coilover compared to a full coil setup.

Kind of a no brainer
Right, I agree.