Notices
Do It Yourself This is where you will find step by step instructions so you can Do it Yourself!

Installing an engine?

Old 08-15-2009, 07:00 PM
mattliston
Living and Learning FTW

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

air tools are for the weak of arm. and cost a LOT if you dont already own an aircompressor. much easier and cheaper to simply buy a few extension pieces , a breaker bar for added ease of turning, and maybe an iron pipe around 2 feet in length that fits somewhat snugly over the breaker bar

if you have a 92-00 civic, popping the lower ball joints, removing the axles (after draining the tranny) and pulling the engine completely is a 2-3 hour job. few plugs on each strut tower, VSS and reverse plug(if manual) and all the electricals are unplugged. unhook the shift linkage and remove the AC compressor and powersteering pump, and its time to jack teh car's front end way up, undo teh mount bolts and pull the engine out form underneath. if you have an engine hoist, its much easier, just hook that bad boy up to teh factory tranny hoist bracket and bolt the chain to the intake side of the block, say alternator bracket bolt, and jack it up jsut enough for tension, remove the mounts and brackets and jack it out

EDIT I would imagine an F series equipped accord to be similar, though I have ZERO experience with any accord. most of my experience with hodnas is honda civics/del sols and acura integras

Last edited by mattliston; 08-15-2009 at 07:00 PM. Reason: added info
Old 10-08-2009, 11:37 AM
Line7
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Im about to do it this weekend, then I'll let you know.:x: