Notices

front end noise

Old 11-14-2005, 10:31 PM
JAM M

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default front end noise

I have a 99 civic and lately whenever i accelerate from a stop i hear a "tak-tak-tak" noise coming from the front of the car. I cannot tell if it is in the wheel area or the engine compartment. The noise does not happen when I rev the engine in neutral just when I am in gear. The noise dies down after i get moving . I have 90,000 miles on it and hope someone can give me some ideas. Or should i just take it to the honda dealer and hope i don't get charged 200 bucks to have it hooked up to a computer? Any help is greatly appreciated. I would like to fix it myself but at the very least I would like to know what I am getting into.
Old 11-15-2005, 05:11 PM
remy

ull be alot better off by taking it to a mechanic rather than the honda dealers!thats pure robbery!!!

them dealers will charge u mad money for any little thing!i took mine once after that never again,too much money!
Old 11-15-2005, 08:53 PM
Highmile
VX Hatch with 431,500!

Does the noise happen mostly on turns? If so, turn the wheels all the way to each side and look at your CV boots. They won't make noise in a straight line or even a easy turn. Mostly only turns while accelerating.