Notices
Do It Yourself This is where you will find step by step instructions so you can Do it Yourself!

Rear Speakers and Center Brake Light

Old 11-14-2005, 07:31 PM
KS90Accord

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rear Speakers and Center Brake Light

First off I would like to thank all of you for your help previously. This is my first post on here, but I have fixed many things by searching through the archives. The most recent my shift lock switch on my 90 accord LX.

Anyway my problem today comes from the center brake light that sits in the rear deck. I changed out the factory speakers for two Kenwood 6.5". They fit perfectly in the rear deck and I was able to use the old grills so that you can't even tell they are switched out. Once I did this the center brake light blew and the Brake lamp indicator on the dashboard came on. I have tried to replace the bulb and this did not cure the problem.

So my question to you is how does changing out two rear speakers make the center brake light malfunction?

When I installed the speakers I cut off the plastic connector that connects the original speakers to the stereo and then used crimping connectors to join the new speakers to the old speaker wire.

Any help is appriciated,

Thank you.
Old 11-16-2005, 04:00 AM
Altern8r

i take it that the speakers are working fine. just to be on the safe side why dont you put some heat shrink over the connectors just in case the are touching on something they shouldnt be and see then.
Old 11-16-2005, 09:46 AM
KS90Accord

The speakers are working great, I have the connections wrapped with electrical tape. Would the rubber heat shrink work better? I will look at it again to make sure that the electrical tape is covering the connections comploetely.