Notices
Do It Yourself This is where you will find step by step instructions so you can Do it Yourself!

*URGENT HELP!-Stikiness after painting interior!*

Old 11-14-2005, 03:57 PM
sohc_vtec_boy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default *URGENT HELP!-Stikiness after painting interior!*

hey guys just fisnhed painting ym interior a gloss black (eg4 civic) but now the paint has gone all sticky and i kant rest my arms or n e thing!!, i need help with getting rid of the stickyness!!!! please help ASAP!!!
Old 11-14-2005, 04:16 PM
sohc_vtec_boy

please some one help em its getting ridiculous everytime i sit in my ar i touch the doors and get paint on me!!! its been over 24 hours!!!!
Old 11-15-2005, 04:38 PM
Special K

What did you paint it with??

When I did mine 2 years ago it was slightly sticky for a few days, but that went away.... I used Fusion by Krylon.... still looks awesome after 2 years.
Old 11-21-2005, 11:13 AM
RealDeal
Raleigh, NC

It depends how thick of a coat you put on it. If you laid it down pretty thick to get that nice smooth finish, you'll be waiting a WHILE for the inside to dry. The outside will somewhat dry quickly, but then the inside will still be wet. The only way the inside will dry is from the outside, so the outside will be tacky for a while, and there's a good chance the inside hasn't dried much at all.

Either spray it thin, letting each coat dry completely, then wetsand/polish (only after paint has been fully dry for a couple of weeks), or spray it thick and wait about 2 weeks before using it.

If there's one thing I've learned about paint, it's that a good paint job takes time and patience.
Old 11-22-2005, 08:15 PM
CrxMaggot

Just a random thought, doubtful if it would help at all, but i'd run my heater at full blast for awhile and let it get real warm inside everyday maybe a few times a day just to keep it at a warmer temp so it can dry. not sure where your located but if its cold outside and whatnot i'm sure the lower temptures arn't helping it dry any. Get some pics up! hah
Old 03-29-2008, 09:47 PM
goldex420

all i can do is laugh at ppl
Old 03-30-2008, 10:31 AM
phill0046

wow, thats awsome
Old 04-02-2008, 07:24 PM
jdgomez

Originally Posted by RealDeal
It depends how thick of a coat you put on it. If you laid it down pretty thick to get that nice smooth finish, you'll be waiting a WHILE for the inside to dry. The outside will somewhat dry quickly, but then the inside will still be wet. The only way the inside will dry is from the outside, so the outside will be tacky for a while, and there's a good chance the inside hasn't dried much at all.

Either spray it thin, letting each coat dry completely, then wetsand/polish (only after paint has been fully dry for a couple of weeks), or spray it thick and wait about 2 weeks before using it.

If there's one thing I've learned about paint, it's that a good paint job takes time and patience.
Time and patience is the key. I would often spray a thin layer and fully dry each coat before adding a new one. Helps me avoid the stickiness and making sure the inside is dry as well.