Notices
Do It Yourself This is where you will find step by step instructions so you can Do it Yourself!

Honda Accord 90-93: Changing Bulbs

Old 04-23-2003, 12:42 PM
hindustani

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Changing bulbs on a 90 Honda Accord LX

I was wondering how I would change the headlight bulbs on a 1990 honda accord

There is some type of plastic think on the inside of the hood, but how do I get it off.

Thanx
Old 04-23-2003, 08:49 PM
nincompoop

It's a bitch, I know that much. My dad has a 91 accord and asked me to change the bulb. It was dark out so i couldn't really see, so i said fawk it, don't drive at night
Old 04-28-2003, 03:55 AM
hype8912
Dr. Klaw

Yea, it trully is a bitch. It took me and a friend about and hour and a half to change all 4. First, you've got to rotate the outer ring clock wise. You'll feel it break loose. Then the bulb will slide right out. But the ring will almost be seized on there so it take awile of brute force to get them loose. I opted to do the 9005 conversion for my headlights so some moding to the light bulb will be required.

Heres a link for the conversion http://vmac.org/~weston/teg/9005conv/
Old 01-19-2004, 11:15 PM
Justasking

Originally posted by hype8912
I opted to do the 9005 conversion for my headlights so some moding to the light bulb will be required.

Heres a link for the conversion http://vmac.org/~weston/teg/9005conv/
Have you had any problems with the conversion since you did it?

And also, how do you modify the bulb without touching it?
Old 12-11-2004, 04:35 PM
imajinx

After 4 hours of frustration, I finally used a flat head to press down on the side of the plastic ring holding the bulb in place. It popped out easily. Good luck!
Old 12-17-2004, 10:24 AM
FEMBOT

Originally Posted by nincompoop
It's a bitch, I know that much. My dad has a 91 accord and asked me to change the bulb. It was dark out so i couldn't really see, so i said fawk it, don't drive at night
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: that's what I said and then just took a flat head in frustration and it gave up.
Old 11-10-2005, 10:38 AM
saviiour

guys this is pissing me off........i took out the main screw from the front to loosen up the headlight. but there is something at the bottom or somewhere that is preventing me to take the headlight out. inorder for me to replace the bulb.
Old 11-10-2005, 04:27 PM
bighavic

If you are removing the headlight you have to take the bumper off. You don't need to take the headlight off to replace the bulbs just have a little paitence and a couple of drinks!!
Old 11-20-2005, 12:18 PM
felsinhaus

Default '93 Accord Headlight Bulb

Just changed out the left "dim" bulb on my mom's '93 Accord. There's no need to take out the entire lamp, but I did find it useful to remove the battery and fluid reservoir behind it.

I had to simultaneously press the release tab on the power wire plug and push the plug off with a screwdriver--it was really jammed on there solidly.

The locking ring underneath is much easier. No need to "push and twist," just find the square portion on the bottom and use it to turn the ring counterclockwise until the hole matches up with the tabs on the bulb (again, be prepared to use some force). Then pull the old bulb out, and the rest is easy.

Hope this helps.