Notices

Cross Pin in ES Trailing Arm Bushing Sliding

Old 11-14-2005, 12:08 PM
wytiak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cross Pin in ES Trailing Arm Bushing Sliding

After a month of working on the rear suspension due to all kinds of problems, the Energy Suspension Poly bushing is sliding left and right in the OE Cross Pin of the Trailing Arm. Is this happening to yours?

I contacted ES and the tech there said that there is no cause for alarm and added that this should actually happen when the car corners or turns. Not a problem with OE or mugen rubber because it's flexible but with Poly rubber, this is the only way that the bushing will comply with the movement/pivot of the front of the Trailing Arm.

I attached a picture that came from here, i think. For those that installed the ES TL bushing, is this happening and what have you done to solve it? Idk, if I would do it all over again, I would go with Mugen but I ain't ripping everything off again.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
trailing arm bushing.jpg (69.6 KB, 24 views)
Old 11-15-2005, 05:54 AM
wytiak

bump
Old 11-20-2005, 08:50 PM
Outxider
X-Motoring

i have the same bushings but i dont c mines sittin off to the side like that. its always centered, probably off to the side when im turnin or what not, u sure ur ta or any other suspension part isnt bent?
Old 11-21-2005, 09:17 AM
wytiak

Thanks. I don't think the TA is bent on mine. The poly bushing is lubed with the white grease, maybe it won't move so much when the lube dry out eventually. I will reinstall the original lower control arm, perhaps this will also keep the TA bushing centered. Since the bushing is not coming off cause the cross pin is bolted up to the frame, I will stop worrying about it for now.