Notices

Does high speed requires special maintenace?

Old 11-12-2005, 10:13 AM
5speedonly

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Does high speed requires special maintenace?

I don't race but I drive fast ... around 120 miles per hour on a daily basis, (each time I take the freeway and whenever I get a chance). I own an 02 Civic EX maunual with 46K miles. I kept the car regularly maintened( just the basics; oil change, filter ...) and this week, I replaced the brake fluid, transmission fluid, and I'm going to replace the coolant. With the high rate speed that I drive is there something else I should pay attention to? Like the spark plugs? Do I have to change them earlier than what's mentioned in the owner manual(100K? if I'm not mistaken). There is this gap thing about the spark plugs that you have to get it right otherwise you can damage the engine and as you can tell I'm not mecanically inclined ( I'm starting now). How difficult to get it right really? I know you just have to measure the gap between the head and the electrode! or something like that ... any other thing I should know about ? Thank you guys in advance. I noticed that if you ask a beginner question you don't get much replay and basically no body gives a ****
Old 11-12-2005, 10:23 AM
Omniscient
warm butter on toast

Uhn. 120 is basically maxing you're car out. Which is never good. But I doubt it's actually hurting anything except like the life remaining in you're oil. With basic matinence it will be fine unless you hit something going 120mph.
Old 11-12-2005, 10:24 AM
CivicSiRacer
Honorary Moderator Alumni

This is considered street racing and being closed.