Notices

Are the axles changed when doing an Engine Swap

Old 11-12-2005, 12:08 AM
cvchtchbck92
Anti-Ebayer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Are the axles changed when doing an Engine Swap

I need to buy axles for my car, but I also want to do an engine swap. Anyways, I read that when an engine is swapped, the axles have to be changed to fit the transmission or something like that. I have a stock engine(D15... slow as shit) and i wanted to go with a B18C1 because of $$ and convenience. Will I have to swap my axles if I do this engine swap. If so, what else has to be swapped other than the ECU?
92 Civic CX Hatchback
Old 11-12-2005, 12:14 AM
RicoD
Pull my finger

yes u do have to change them... D=D, B=B, H+F=H+F get it?

but yea u do have to change them... if its going to be in a EG ur gonna need 93+ Integra axles... and yea u will need the ECU unless u just want to use a P28 * try to get a OBD1 swap but most likely ull get an OBD2, so yea u will need a dizzy, injectors, etc...

hope that helps a bit
Old 11-12-2005, 05:04 AM
a_integra_87
Traction, WTF is that?

If you go to www.hondaswap.com they have a forum (swap articles) that will spell out every part you need for every generation civic swap. Basic overview...im still swapping a b18b into my 97 civic cx. Mine is all OBD2, so i have it a little easier, plus im not using vtec so i dont have to run any extra lines.

Your going to need the b series motor, tranny, half shaft, axles, ecu for that motor, wiring harness (im not sure about your year, but mine i have to use my cx harness and convert some plugs), motor mounts, im sure hasport makes mounts for you, b series rad hoses, b series shift linkage, and probably some custimization of your exhaust.
Old 11-12-2005, 05:13 AM
teg92
WHAT OK YEAH!

usually when you get a full swap they come with axles