Notices

96 del sol check engine light

Old 11-09-2005, 02:40 PM
bdaber01

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 96 del sol check engine light

Hey yall, had a question that seems impossible to answer. I have a 96 del sol S with just under 100,000 miles. The car runs great, no problems at all, great gas milage still, everything fine. The problem is that for the past year i have had my car in and out of shops trying to figure out what was wrong with it to make the check engine light come on. I have to admit im not very literate when it comes to cars, but im trying to learn since im sick of taking my car to other people and want to be able to fix it myself.

Anyways, emmisions are fine, everywhere i take it, they find no problem with it, but the light comes right back on after they reset the computer. Any ideas as to what is causing this? is it a fluck thing? I dont want to just paint over the light, or take the bulb out in case my car ever does run into any issues, but its annoying to have on all the time, and in New Jersey you cant pass inspection with the light on. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Old 11-09-2005, 04:28 PM
delsol161

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

try looking in the Online Resources Sticky and there is a great link to a site w/ a full description on how to run the CEL codes. running the CEL codes should tell you if there is anything wrong w/ the electrical systems of the car. if not, you could try resetting the ECU. i dunno much about that, but there are many others around here that do.