Notices

Diff between Front susp on teg Type R and 5th gen Civic

Old 11-08-2005, 03:07 PM
OZZMiester

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Diff between Front susp on teg Type R and 5th gen Civic

Ok I have a 5th gen Civic Coupe and I would like to know what the differences are between the the front suspension of my car vs Integra Type R
namely any differences in the control arms or knuckles.
I would like to know geometry variance such as castor etc diff part numbers.
As I installed a Whiteline castor kit part# KCA301 on my civic which made a huge difference in front end feel. I would like to know if the Type R runs more Castor from the factory and if so, how?

I am already running coilovers so I care not about shock and spring differences. Mainly control arm dimensional differences and any material differences.
The rear suspension is already dialed on my car with integra lower control arms and a Comptech swaybar/tiebar.
Now I am working on refining the feel of the suspension for max grip and control.
Old 11-08-2005, 05:56 PM
Ochdx

ITR I believe has bigger brakes, LSD, slightly lower springs, bigger sway bars, better shocks. Oh yeah, and 5 lug wheel hubs. Everything else I believe is the same, as far as I know there's no adjustment for camber/caster.

The caster kit that you have, it adds +2.5 degrees of caster? Whats the main benefit of that mod?
Old 11-08-2005, 06:02 PM
Ochdx

Hmm, just looked up that caster kit... Seems that all it does is add shims between the two halves of front lower control arms. I guess that's something I can even do myself.
Old 11-08-2005, 06:19 PM
Ochdx

Hmmm. just looked at that caster kit a little closer. For a 2.5 degree increase, it requires a whole eight 3.1 mm shims, basically totalling up to 24.8mm, which is the same as 1". I woud rather just get 1" long solid steel rod and drill that to fit over the bolt. Actually, I would even go as far as tapping it, so that the bolt inside of it sits really tight.