Notices

check engine light

Old 11-06-2005, 01:30 PM
RSXt3

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default check engine light

is the ecu dependent on the main relay to run the diagnostic?
ive been through three(relays) ithink my ecu is frying them(i shorted the starter terminal.)
my CEL doesnt flash it just stays on.(with the main relay unplugged)
does this mean my ecu is trash?
Old 11-21-2005, 09:43 PM
96BLKGSR

RSXt3 did you ever figure out this problem? My brothers brought me their 95 civic EX and their check engine light was on and wouldn't start. I tried pulling the code for the CEL by jumping the two prong harness, but the light doesn't blink, it just stays lit. I checked the main relay and it doesn't even click when I turn the key to the "ON" position. I tried switching the main relay but still nothing and I can't get any codes. Anyone have any idea as what could be causing this?
Old 11-21-2005, 10:11 PM
crzy000

dude I had the same problem like that with my crx. check you fuel pump..that's why my car won't start and not even my relay would click.and the enginle light just stay on. also check your starter solonoid fuse.
Old 11-22-2005, 09:36 AM
96BLKGSR

I've checked all my fuses I could find and they were all good. How should I check the fuel pump, just listen for it, or is there a better way to check it? Thanks
Old 11-23-2005, 03:29 AM
crzy000

well this is what I did. I just got a wire and I jump it from the relay wiring harness. I think it's the 5 and 7 wire but make sure you check it first. if you don't hear any humming sound from the back then it's your fuel pump.if you still don't know which wire just remove your back compartment and remove the cap that is screwed into the gas tank.from there you can see the yellow/black and black wire that is going to the fuel pump. assuming that you are working on a crx civic.