Notices

head work

Old 11-05-2005, 09:20 PM
raiden571
turning u inside out

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default head work

i got quoted on having some head work done by a performance shop. guy seemed cool, i told him everything i wanted, nitride coated valves, dual valvesprings, retainers, all new seals and valve guides, head hot tanked and it resurfaced if it needed it. i wait 2 days and he quotes me for 1350!!! i was like, if i gather the parts, how much for just labor. he gets acting like a smart ass and sats, well hang on, let me check. so now im kinda pissed. 350, but probably a lil more. so i said thanks and hung up the phone.
so screw that, im doing it myself. tony and i are ripping the head apart tuesday and im gonna hot tank it myself, aka, my moms dish washer. then ill go from there. dont worry, there will be plenty of pics. ill dedicate this thread solely to the head, i deem it, my head thread
Old 11-05-2005, 09:44 PM
Civic2Scooby

Originally Posted by raiden571
i got quoted on having some head work done by a performance shop. guy seemed cool, i told him everything i wanted, nitride coated valves, dual valvesprings, retainers, all new seals and valve guides, head hot tanked and it resurfaced if it needed it. i wait 2 days and he quotes me for 1350!!! i was like, if i gather the parts, how much for just labor. he gets acting like a smart ass and sats, well hang on, let me check. so now im kinda pissed. 350, but probably a lil more. so i said thanks and hung up the phone.
so screw that, im doing it myself. tony and i are ripping the head apart tuesday and im gonna hot tank it myself, aka, my moms dish washer. then ill go from there. dont worry, there will be plenty of pics. ill dedicate this thread solely to the head, i deem it, my head thread
if you wanna make the drive/pay for shipping I can have it properly hot tanked and surfaced if needed for free.
Old 11-06-2005, 06:29 AM
fathergoat
:3

lots of pics please, and maybe a DIY if one doesn't exist already (a quick search yeilded nothing) Oh and don't forget to tell use what your putting in, where you got it, and how much you paid. If you don't mind that is
Old 11-06-2005, 06:31 AM
raiden571
turning u inside out

Originally Posted by Civic2Scooby
if you wanna make the drive/pay for shipping I can have it properly hot tanked and surfaced if needed for free.
hmmm. tony and me might have to make a lil trip. i think he wants to build his head too.
im going to run KMS engineering vlaves, springs, retainers, guides, seals all that good stuff. heres there site. http://www.honda-performance.com/valve-train.asp i contacted them and asked if they would replace the block guard with there brass guides and drop the price, athey said no problem.
Old 11-06-2005, 08:01 PM
Civic2Scooby

well lemme know beeshes.
Old 11-07-2005, 06:42 AM
pissdoffB
Little Miss Dee

how-to help would be awesome, i dont wanna pay hella money to do something i can probably do myself (while the bf stands there and watches)
Old 11-07-2005, 09:43 AM
Civic2Scooby

Originally Posted by pissdoffB
how-to help would be awesome, i dont wanna pay hella money to do something i can probably do myself (while the bf stands there and watches)
your Haynes manual will have a step by step, and it really is very easy to do your own head work IF you have access to a few specialized tools
Old 11-07-2005, 09:49 AM
raiden571
turning u inside out

tony mentioned that he talked to you and ur planning to make a strip over too ohio for some tranny action. maybe u can give me some pointers when im putting it back together
Old 11-07-2005, 12:03 PM
Civic2Scooby

Originally Posted by raiden571
tony mentioned that he talked to you and ur planning to make a strip over too ohio for some tranny action. maybe u can give me some pointers when im putting it back together
fa sho man...I just gotta work out a free weekend to head down there, and once yall have all your shit
Old 11-07-2005, 12:27 PM
Running925
Your Powder Coater

it will probly take bout 10min to strip these heads down.. then i can start on my blingage! i'm gonna polish every bit of it.