Notices
Do It Yourself This is where you will find step by step instructions so you can Do it Yourself!

Homemade Stiff Motor Mounts Question

Old 10-27-2005, 01:24 PM
Mistermark

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Homemade Stiff Motor Mounts Question

i recently bought a Civic DX 93 HB. and my old piece of shit was a dodge neon. and with them i know u can go get Windsheild Urethane and fill layers and layers of it in the stock motor mount, thus making them stiff.
would this still work for civics? sorry it may be a dumb question. has anyone tried something like this.
Old 10-27-2005, 03:27 PM
HatchVX
Driving a Turbo 2L Terror

This work for civics too. Just make sure it clean. It best if u have a second set of mounts so u dont have to much donw time.
Old 10-28-2005, 06:06 PM
m735is

A solution I use on my BMW subframe bushings:

Two part liquid poly from McMaster Carr. It's about $30 a pint? and you can't store it, so have other stuff ready to fill. There's a primer you can buy to make it stick to the rubber, but I used the purple plumbers CPVC primer. It's available in different hardnesses- 94 is really hard and 80 is more like Energy Suspension hard (softer). I thought of using it on my mounts, but they seem to be fine. It would probably work good on the trailing arm bushings, if you can get it to stay put.
Old 11-09-2005, 09:07 PM
Phateless
S2K compatible

i've heard of people doing this before...some people seem to love it