Notices

Windows keep fogging up...Help!

Old 10-27-2005, 04:19 AM
TaekOne
pronounced tech

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

something no one else mentioned was first checking to see if your car has an in-cabin air filter. if so, it might be a good idea to check and see if it needs replacement. dirt and grime can accumulate on the inside of your windshield, which will allow moisture to collect easier than if it were clean.

i guess the second practical thing you can do is keep your inside windows clean. they seem to fog up less for me.

and finally, yes, use that rainX anti-fog spray and make sure you apply it properly. i remember goofing around w/ it and trying it on my bathroom mirror, and i still have this circle that fogs up less than the rest from a year ago. good times.
Old 10-27-2005, 06:08 AM
hoyoung02
HEAT:Shift_TechkaV

alot of windex worked for me
Old 10-27-2005, 07:07 AM
simsurfer

First chance I have had to reply (busy yesterday). Tried the AC thing turning off the recirculate and so far it has worked like a charm :-) I think my error was the fact that I had the recieculate option turned on when running the AC, that and or I normally dont run with AC on, just the vent.

I will try though the Rain X thing though this weekend when Im at the store.

Thanks all.
Old 10-27-2005, 07:31 AM
Thooks
President-2008

Originally Posted by simsurfer
First chance I have had to reply (busy yesterday). Tried the AC thing turning off the recirculate and so far it has worked like a charm :-) I think my error was the fact that I had the recieculate option turned on when running the AC, that and or I normally dont run with AC on, just the vent.

I will try though the Rain X thing though this weekend when Im at the store.

Thanks all.
Save yourself some money first and just clean your windows very well with some glass cleaner (Windex, etc.)

The reason why the windows fog up is that there is excess moisture inside the car. Mainly this is because there's one or more human beings in it, creating the moisture by breathing. Plus, the outside is cold, the inside is warm, so the barrier (body, glass, etc.) wants to condensate. This forms the moisture (fog) on the warm side (inside).

The air-conditioning system in your car is no different that in your house. You are passing warm, moist air over a cooling coil to cool the air, and this in turn, removes moisture. The puddle under the car in the summer time that you notice is moisture that has been removed from the interior air in your car.

By running the fresh air (Non-recirc), A/C button on, and the temp dial about 1/2 way, you will reduce the moisture the fastest, while still gaining some heat in the car.

Try not to run the heat "full blast" (the temp dial all the way to red), and you should see a marked improvement. You can try this without running the A/C. Crack a back window if no one is riding back there, allowing more fresh air in also.

IME, the side windows are the toughest to keep fog free, because you are closest to them, and there's not a good bit of air blowing on them. The front and back are easiest, due to the rear window defroster and the front has the air on it.

Hope this helps.
Old 10-27-2005, 07:55 AM
FLAT_LINER
Ridin Dirty

it might sound stupid but dawn soap will fix it....just pour some on a rag and wipe down your windows and it will keep them from fogging up
Old 10-27-2005, 08:05 AM
JL95AccorD

those with the interior rainx... is that stuff safe for window tints?
Old 10-27-2005, 08:55 AM
strykernyc

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

when is clear outside no matter what is the temp, I just make sure all i see is green lights and i set the heat to a confortable temp and i have zero problem but if is raining or snowing outside there is a 90+ chance i will need to turn the ac on and ofcourse change the way the air circulate or flow in the car.
is very true what Thooks said above.
u can also try this quick fix, dont talk dont breath
Old 10-27-2005, 09:13 AM
sherwood
I missed Sean

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by FLAT_LINER
it might sound stupid but dawn soap will fix it....just pour some on a rag and wipe down your windows and it will keep them from fogging up
true story.

you can do the same thing for your bathroom mirror.

BUT i'd suggest just using a hair dryer before gettin gin the car and opening the back windows a crack... it's easier
Old 10-27-2005, 10:20 AM
TaekOne
pronounced tech

Originally Posted by JL95AccorD
those with the interior rainx... is that stuff safe for window tints?
unless im mistaken, the only things that will harm window tint is ammonia which is mostly found in regular window cleaners. rain-x shouldnt have a harmful effect on tinted windows.
Old 10-28-2005, 08:29 AM
93EXaccord
Engines hate me!

along the same lines as dawn, is the shampoo fix, which you do the same thing except with shampoo... plus you can get your favorate sent.