Notices
Engine Swaps, Tech & Tuning Swaps, N/A Performance, Forced Induction, Engine Management, & Troubleshooting

N/A setup...hows it sound?

Old 10-12-2005, 02:29 PM
baseballer03

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default N/A setup...hows it sound?

USDM gsr motor in a cx hatch...ok im gonna send the head out for port polish and resleave, along with a 5 angle valve job...CTR pistons, eagle rods, skunk 2 stage 2 cams(or stage 3?), valves and retainers, skunk 2 intake manifold,dms 500cc injectors, unorthodox underdrive pulley, skunk 2 cam gears, aem fuel rail, dc4-1 header,password jdm intake, apexi dunk cat back,...prob forgetting some stuff writing this in a hurry...what kinda numbers can I expected plan on tuning with hondata s200
Old 10-13-2005, 04:55 AM
shivers
Moderator Alumni

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That header and exhaust are complete junk and will choke of a decently built engine.

At the bare minimum, a JDM ITR header or DC JDM header should be used along with a 2.5" exhaust. Check out www.kteller.com for reasonbly priced, mandrel bent, stainless exhausts.

CTR pistons have a lot of mass and are not really ideal for an engine build IMO. You'd be better off going with a forged after market option (CP, Wiseco, etc.). Since you're going to sleeve the block, it wouldn't hurt to go with a slightly oversized piston and get a little bump in displacement along with the compression increase.

N/A is expensive. I dumped a ton of money into a B series in the recent past that made a lot of power and after I was done, the car still wasn't fast enough. Just a bit of advice from my experience.