Notices
Engine Swaps, Tech & Tuning Swaps, N/A Performance, Forced Induction, Engine Management, & Troubleshooting

spun bearing

Old 10-08-2005, 08:21 PM
EkcivicBeast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default spun bearing

i was just wondering wats are the chances of spining a bearing on a ls/v wit a compression ratio of 12.4:1,and wat could i do 2 lessen da likely hood of that happening?? would i have 2 just get cams dat better serve a motor wif dat cp ratio?
Old 10-08-2005, 09:26 PM
b16ahybrid

Originally Posted by EkcivicBeast
i was just wondering wats are the chances of spining a bearing on a ls/v wit a compression ratio of 12.4:1,and wat could i do 2 lessen da likely hood of that happening?? would i have 2 just get cams dat better serve a motor wif dat cp ratio?
Depends on the builder of the engine. If the clearances are within spec you should be fine.
Old 10-08-2005, 10:18 PM
Provocateur
On permanent hiatus

Originally Posted by EkcivicBeast
Your killing me with the ebonics. Please don't tell me that you talk like that.

Anyways, if the bearings are plastigauged to the loose side of specifications, you shouldn't have a problem. Just don't be revving the engine to 10k without the proper reinforcements down there. A girdle, stronger rod bolts, and a balanced rotating assembly should help avoid any problems.
Old 10-10-2005, 05:22 PM
b18c1_hatch

As long you have enough oil ACL rod berings balanced Crank and your not a dumbass and over rev you should not be spinning any bearings.