Notices
Engine Swaps, Tech & Tuning Swaps, N/A Performance, Forced Induction, Engine Management, & Troubleshooting

Help! 5th Gen Accord Mod choices, Which ones?

Old 10-07-2005, 08:37 PM
jacktdurden

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help! 5th Gen Accord Mod choices, Which ones?

I have a good ol' '94 Accord LX with the basic mods done so far, no Turbo or NOS, it's not even a darn VTEC. My Q's, Add on Oil Cooler-Worth it? Cam gear-I couldn't adjust this one if I had to, any reason to get one, or will I get the "motor massage" from it? Lastly, will a small nitrous setup(perhaps 50-75) on basically a normally aspirated motor do more harm than good? (I don't have an itchy trigger finger) Any helps appreciated!
Old 10-07-2005, 09:46 PM
wildcarditr102
My new toy

First off what is your plan? Where are you going with this car?

I have never liked the idea of 4 door race cars. No matter what you do, a smaller lighter 2 door car would be faster with the same modifications. It's up to you though....

Oil cooler is definately not worth it, cooler oil does not mean better performance. Oil coolers are for engines who need additional cooling to keep it about 200 degrees-FI, heavy NA all motor, etc.

Definately no nitrous, either. On a stock engine, (especially a 94) it will do much more harm than good. Again, what are you going for? I don't see nitrous helping you much if you want reliability. I vote no.

Cam gears, definately a go. You can precisely tune your cam no matter what set up you have (even stock) with adjustable cam gears. You can see HP gains from that, and increase gas mileage.

Hope that gets you started.
Old 10-08-2005, 10:32 AM
Provocateur
On permanent hiatus

If the nitrous is setup and tuned properly, it would be a very reliable kick in the pants that will probably be the best bang for the buck.

Everything else you mentioned is pretty much worthless.
Old 10-09-2005, 07:33 AM
wildcarditr102
My new toy

I wouldn't even risk nitrous on it.

What's the condition of your engine?