Notices
Engine Swaps, Tech & Tuning Swaps, N/A Performance, Forced Induction, Engine Management, & Troubleshooting

Transaxle fluid on a 5spd?

Old 10-07-2005, 04:42 AM
90rsTeg
weapons of the revolution

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Transaxle fluid on a 5spd?

on a b18 w.5spd is there even any transaxle fluid? I know about the transmission fluid but i found another drain plug by the cv boot (on the trans side) called the transaxle drain plug according to a haynes manual. This wonderfull manual does not mention this specific plug anywhere else however. I am now worried that she is dry of fluid on the transaxle and sad. I know that this is probabally a stupid question because i should know but PLEASE HELP! ps i love my car
Old 10-08-2005, 08:46 PM
cartuner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That plug you are talking about is the tranny fluid fill hole. Just fill it with Honda/Acura manual trans fluid until it over flows that hole and you are set.
Old 10-10-2005, 09:58 AM
JimBlake

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

On mine, the tranny drain plug was directly below the axle boot. It had a square hole, you used a 3/8" socket extension directly, without a socket.

The fill hole was on the side, about the same elevation as the axle. It had a normal hex head, maybe 17mm. It was noticably bigger than the tranny case bolts. If you look at the tranny from the right-front wheel well, axle is center, drain plug is 6-oclock, fill plug is 9-oclock.